Body found along Milton Road in Federal Way | Police Blotter
October 24, 2008 · Updated 11:05 AM
The following is a sample from the Federal Way police public information log:
• At 11:36 a.m. Oct. 15 at 36801 Milton Road S., police were called to assist when Washington State Department of Transportation found the body of Joseph Schapiro. There was no suspicion or evidence of a crime. The medical examiner recovered the body.
• At 7:23 p.m. Oct. 17 at 27202 Pacific Highway S., victim reported an attempted robbery at gunpoint. The suspects fled in a vehicle without taking anything.
• At 1:51 a.m. Oct. 18 at S. 320 Street and Pacific Highway S., police arrived to the scene of a single-car accident. A .44-caliber revolver was found in the vehicle in which the owner was a convicted felon. The suspect fled on foot but was caught two blocks away.
• At 9:13 a.m. Oct. 18 at 27515 Pacific Highway S., a suspect attempted to purchase items with a counterfeit $20 bill. Upon search, police found additional counterfeit money.
• At 10:22 p.m. Oct. 18 at 1928 S. Commons, security officers called for police assistance when a trespasser refused to leave the premises. An arrest was made when the officers’ requests were refused.
• At 12:45 a.m. Oct. 19 at 2318 S.W. 336th St., police responded to a disturbance call with a possible weapon possession. Officers stopped a vehicle matching the description and found a gun.