- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Woman steals $1,200 worth of groceries in three carts
The following is a sample from the Federal Way police public information log:
• At 3:35 p.m. Oct. 11 at 34520 16th Ave. S., a female suspect entered Wal-Mart and stole three shopping carts full of groceries. Loss prevention estimated the loss at $1,200.
• At 2:15 p.m. Oct. 11 in the 140 block of Southwest 332nd Place, a victim reported an unknown suspect was sending the victim’s co-workers text messages in regards to the victim crossing a picket line. The victim had not seen the messages first-hand and no suspects were identified.
• At 10:17 a.m. Oct. 11 at 200 S. 320th St., a person was arrested for aggressively begging.
• At 3:53 a.m. Oct. 11 at 31008 18th Ave. S., police were called to an assault in progress. Police found the victim walking the street bleeding from the nose, mouth and other facial areas. The victim was uncooperative and refused to allow police to photograph the injuries. The victim also refused medical aid. The reporting party was uncooperative as well.
• At 12:50 a.m. Oct. 11 in the 1800 block of South 18th Avenue South, police were called to investigate a disturbance. They found a mother and daughter intoxicated and arguing for an unknown reason. Both women were made aware of the city’s noise ordinance.
• At 3:45 p.m. Oct. 11 at 33314 22nd Lane, a $270 BMX bike was stolen.
• At 10:16 a.m. Oct. 11 at 30611 16th Ave. S., it was reported that a student working at the school’s student store had her $456 cell phone stolen after leaving her purse in a classroom while she went to work at the store.
• At 1:02 p.m. Oct. 12 in the 400 block of Southwest 363rd Place, police received calls about shots fired at a party. A suspect’s vehicle was stopped and the suspect was found to be wearing what appeared to be a bulletproof vest. A gun was also found in the vehicle. Three shell casings were found at the crime scene and the suspect was booked into jail for a weapons offense.
• At 4:57 p.m. Oct. 12 in the 900 block of Southwest 296th Street, a person reported finding a baggie containing possible drug paraphernalia. Police called the Washington State Department of Ecology to check the contents of the bag. An HCL pump, acetone and HCL container were found inside the bag. The items are believed to have been used in a methamphetamine lab.