- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Special needs child found wandering at apartments | Crime blotter
The following is a sample from the Federal Way police public information log:
• At 1:15 p.m. Oct. 11 in the 31800 block of 51st Lane Southwest, a call was placed to 911 about a developmentally disabled child wandering at an apartment complex without adult supervision. Police were unable to find the child’s parents, but located a 16-year-old sister within another unit. The girl had no idea where the child was and seemed unconcerned.
• At 3 p.m. Oct. 10 in the 600 block of Southwest 299th Street, a victim reported her biological father raped her numerous times over the past few months.
• At 12:26 a.m. Oct. 10 in the 30600 block of Pacific Highway South, a suspect got mad at his wife and smothered her with a pillow. He also strangled her and bit her. The suspect was arrested.
• At 4:07 p.m. Oct. 9 in the 30700 block of 12th Place Southwest, an elderly person’s car was egged.
• At 11:53 p.m. Oct. 9 at 30611 16th Ave. S., a suspect assaulted a victim by grabbing the victim by the neck and choking the person. The victim declined medical attention.
• At 11:03 a.m. Oct. 9 in the 36900 block of 3rd Ave. S.W., a victim reported an unknown suspect entered her residence, assaulted her and tied her up. The victim reported freeing herself. The suspect was gone upon police arrival.
• On Oct. 9 at 2745 S.W. 332nd Court, a person reported a known suspect took the family dog and fled when confronted about the theft. The victim believed the juvenile suspect planned to sell the dog.
• At 5:06 p.m. Oct. 9 at 31515 20th Ave. S., an employee reported her boss took “indecent liberties” with her while at work.
• At 6:35 p.m. Oct. 9 at 1928 S. Commons, two subjects removed all the straws at a fast food chain and proceeded to have a contest to see who could get the most straws in his or her mouth. The subjects were contacted by police. The business was left with no more straws, but chose not to prosecute.
• At 11:06 Oct. 9 in the 1800 block of South 281st Place, officers responded to a domestic violence call. A woman reported her nephew strangled her. A knife was also involved. The nephew was arrested.