- About Us
Cops impound garbage-filled car
The following is a sample from the Federal Way police public information log:
• At 9:16 a.m. Oct. 2 in the 33400 block of 26th Avenue Southwest, police found an abandoned car full of garbage. It appeared to have been there for a few weeks and was locked. The car’s registered owner could not be contacted at the listed number, so the car was impounded.
• At 3:34 p.m. Oct. 2 at 317th Street and 23rd Avenue South, police saw a suspicious vehicle and went to investigate. Alcoholic containers were found on the floor of the vehicle and the 18-year-old driver was given a minor in possession. The car was searched and police found 59 baggies of marijuana and scales.
• At 7:58 p.m. Oct. 2 in the 31800 block of Pacific Highway South, a suspect was arrested for criminal trespass in the second degree. The suspect had previously been given a permanent trespass notice, but refused to leave the establishment.
• At 9:41 p.m. Oct. 2 at 31653 Pacific Highway S., a person reported losing two $100 bills in the Best Buy parking lot. The bills were not turned in to Best Buy employees and the complainant filed a report with police in the event the money was turned in to police.
• At 11:47 p.m. Oct. 2 at 1400 South 348th St., a person reported an unknown suspect jumped over the counter and demanded money. The victim said the suspect never displayed a weapon or made reference to one. The suspect fled with approximately $300.