- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
IN OTHER NEWS: TAF Academy grant; Pacific Highway construction update
TAF Academy: $25,000 grant
The Weyerhaeuser Company Foundation recently awarded the new Technology Access Foundation (TAF) Academy in Federal Way with a $25,000 grant to help funding the school.
The TAF Academy is a rigorous school operating as a cooperation between the Technology Access Foundation and the Federal Way School District. The school emphasizes science, technology, engineering and math education.
Pac Highway construction
• Permanent street striping will take place, weather permitting, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 22-26 at various locations throughout the Pacific Highway South HOV Lanes phase three project. Uniformed police officers will control affected signalized intersections. Access to businesses will be maintained at all times.
• The traffic signal at South Dash Point Road and Redondo Way South will be activated Sept. 24. The intersection will be controlled from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. by a uniformed police officer. Striping on South Dash Point Road will be completed this same day.
• SCI Infrastructure has a crew on the project dedicated to tying in grading behind retaining walls and installing mailboxes in their permanent locations, among other things. The work will blend the project into private developments.
• SCI will be adjusting manhole lids and utility valves to meet the new pavement elevation through Sept. 24. Expect numerous steel plates on the newly paved roadways until the work holes can be paved back with temporary cold mix asphalt. This will be replaced with permanent hot mix pavement at a future date.
• Placement of extruded curbing in parking lots has been deferred until completion of the parking lot paving. The View at Redondo Apartments, 29421 Pacific Highway S., south driveway will be paved Sept. 22, weather permitting.
• The fencing sub-contractor is on site to install black vinyl-coated chain-link safety fence on top of walls as required throughout the project.
• The landscape sub-contractor continues project irrigation in roadside planter strips and median beds. This work will continue through Sept. 24. Landscape planting will begin the week of Sept. 29.
• The signing sub-contractor will install project road signs through Sept. 24.
• Final street lights will be installed beginning Sept. 22.