- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Escaped prisoner falls asleep at restaurant | FW crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Sleeping man at restaurant: At 4:32 a.m. Nov. 17 in the 2100 block of South 320th Street, employees of a restaurant reported there was a man sleeping in the restaurant, and that the man was being uncooperative when employees asked him to leave. Upon police arrival, the man remained uncooperative and was eventually arrested. According to the report, the man gave a false name repeatedly, in an effort to hide the fact that he had an active Department of Corrections escape warrant.
• Woman assaulted and threatened: At 11:48 a.m. Nov. 17 in the 37000 block of 20th Avenue South, a woman reported that an unknown male entered her residence without permission and punched her in the face. According to the report, the woman said the man told her to not cooperate with an active sexual assault case she is involved with from several years ago.
• Neighbor troubles: At 3:35 p.m. Nov. 16 in the 600 block of SW 321st Street, a woman reported that her neighbor threatened her and her family while brandishing what appeared to be a rifle. According to the report, the argument was over parking. The report notes the neighbor was contacted and arrested, and that the rifle he had been holding was in fact a BB gun.
• Unusual method of entry: At 10:56 p.m. Nov. 17 in the 30000 block of Pacific Highway South, a business reported that unknown suspects had gained entry and burglarized the business and stole several items. According to the report, the unknown suspects gained entry through a shed attached to the business. Once in the shed, the suspects broke through drywall to gain access to the interior of the business.
• Bicycles stolen: At 9:49 p.m. Nov. 17 in the 3000 block of South 288th Street, a woman reported that unknown suspects stole three bicycles from her front porch.
• Man flees hit-and-run: At 4:17 a.m. Nov. 16 in the 2400 block of South 298th Street, a man was arrested after fleeing a hit-and-run scene. According to the report, the man hit a parked car and then fled on foot.
• Door breaker arrested: At 8:05 a.m. Nov. 16 in the 1600 block of South 324th Street, a man was arrested for shattering the glass entry door of a business.
• Family troubles: At 8:52 a.m. Nov. 16 in the 600 block of South 298th Street, police were contacted when it was reported that two family members were forcibly restraining a third family member from driving. According to the report, the family member who wanted to drive has Alzheimer's, and had accidentally found a set of keys for one of the family's vehicles.
• Storage unit raid: At 10:46 a.m. Nov. 16 in the 32000 block of Pacific Highway South, it was reported that nine units at a storage facility had been broken into by unknown suspects.
• Thief takes money from business: At 11:10 a.m. Nov. 16 in the 29000 block of Pacific Highway South, an unknown suspect gained entry into an employees-only area of a business and stole approximately $1,500 in cash.