- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Victim and police hunt for car prowler | FW crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Car prowler: At 12:16 a.m. Nov. 10 in the 100 block of South 332nd Place, a man reported that his neighbors witnessed an unknown suspect enter the man's unsecured vehicle and steal the man's CD player from the vehicle. The report notes both the man and police conducted an area search for the suspect, but were unsuccessful.
• Man drunk dials police: At 8:02 p.m. Nov. 10 in the 400 block of SW 305th Street, police responded to a call from a residence. According to the report, the man who lived at the residence, and who was extremely intoxicated, had drunkenly called 911. When asked by police why he called 911, the man said he couldn't remember.
• Man threatened: At 1:46 p.m. Nov. 9 in the 200 block of SW 305th Street, a man reported that an unknown vehicle followed him home. When he got home, the vehicle stopped and the driver got out of the vehicle. According to the report, the unknown man flashed a gun at the reporting party, and told him that he'd remember the man's house. The driver then re-entered the vehicle and exited the area.
• Man steals whiskey: At 3:52 p.m. Nov. 9 in the 32000 block of Pacific Highway South, a man stole a bottle of Gentleman Jack whiskey from a store. The report notes the man stole the bottle by concealing it in his pants.
• Shoplifters arrested: At 11:33 p.m. Nov. 8 in the 1900 block of South 314th Street, one suspect staged approximately $900 worth of merchandise near a store exit. A second suspect positioned a getaway vehicle near the exit outside of the store. The first suspect took the merchandise and fled to the vehicle. The report notes the suspects were stopped in the store parking lot and detained.
• Generator stolen: At 3:24 p.m. Nov. 8 in the 2600 block of South 300th Street, a man reported that unknown suspects had stolen a generator from his enclosed yard.
• Man steals checks: At 10:24 p.m. Nov. 9 in the 31000 block of 18th Avenue South, a woman reported that a man she had recently let stay at her residence had stolen a number of her checks. The report notes the woman had been able to recover one check already from a check cashing business.
• Box of ammo turned over: At 2:15 p.m. Nov. 9 in the 5000 block of SW Dash Point Road, a man was cleaning out his garage when he discovered a full box of .40-caliber ammo. The man contacted police, who took the ammo back to headquarters for disposal.
• Playstation and TV stolen: At 1:48 a.m. Nov. 10 in the 31000 block of 20th Avenue South, a man reported that unknown suspects had broken into his residence by climbing through a window. The report notes the suspects stole the man's Playstation and Vizio television.
• Shoplifter arrested: At 3:07 p.m. Nov. 10 in the 1900 block of South Commons, a woman was arrested for attempting to steal approximately $200 in merchandise from Macy's.