- About Us
Man fires shots in parking lot | FW crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Man fires shots at two other men: At 6:57 p.m. Nov. 2 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, witnesses reported seeing a man chasing two other men through a store parking lot. According to the report and witnesses, the man stopped at least two times and fired multiple rounds at the two men he was chasing. The report notes that neither the suspect nor the two men he was chasing were able to be located.
• Hit-and-run turns dangerous: At 1:19 a.m. Nov. 3 in the 34000 block of Weyerhaeuser Way South, two victims reported getting in a hit-and-run accident with the suspect vehicle. According to the victims, an unknown member of the suspect vehicle brandished a firearm at them and fired off one round in their direction. The report notes the victims were undeterred and still followed the suspect vehicle in order to get the vehicle's license plate number.
• Intoxicated woman wanders around apartments: At 4:22 p.m. Nov. 1 at an undisclosed address, an intoxicated woman was discovered in an apartment complex, randomly knocking on doors at the apartment complex. According to the report, the woman was disoriented and could only remember being at a bar and "possibly remembered" a man chasing her at one point that day. The report notes the woman was checked into St. Francis Hospital for evaluation.
• Man victim of serial tire slasher: At 1:49 a.m. Nov. 3 in the 29000 block of Military Road South, a man reported that one of the tires on his vehicle had been slashed. According to the report, this was the third time in a month that this had happened to the man. The man believed his daughter's ex-boyfriend was likely responsible, although he could provide no evidence to substantiate his claim.
• Vehicle prowl: At 7:38 a.m. Nov. 3 in the 33000 block of 17th Lane South, the victim reported their vehicle had been prowled by unknown suspects. According to the report, the suspects took two cans of soda and a couple of pieces of mail from the vehicle.
• Shoplifter arrested: At 3:21 p.m. Nov. 3 in the 1700 block of South 352nd Street, a man was arrested for attempting to steal approximately $100 in merchandise from a home improvement store.
• Phone missing: At 3:58 p.m. Nov. 3 in the 400 block of SW 312th Street, a woman reported that her phone had gone missing at her church. According to the report, the woman left the phone unattended for a short time while attending church, and was unable to find it after she returned.
• Man assaulted with baseball bat: At 11:37 p.m. Nov. 3 in the 29000 block of Military Road South, a man claimed two other men had assaulted him with a baseball bat. The report notes the man was showing visible injuries congruent with his claim. According to the report, there was not sufficient evidence to arrest either of the two men whom the man alleged were responsible.
• Aggressive dog gets loose, resulting in warrant arrest: At 12:53 p.m. Nov. 2 in the 32000 block of 26th Place SW, police responded to reports of an aggressive dog on the loose. According to the report, the responding officer managed to get one taser dart into the dog, but that was not enough to subdue the animal. The report notes the dog was later located with its owner. The owner had outstanding warrants and was arrested.
• Man punched in nose by girlfriend: On Nov. 2, at undisclosed time, in the 2100 block of SW 322nd Street, a man reported his girlfriend had punched him in the nose. The report notes the girlfriend left the scene before police arrived.