- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Dr. Phil invites mom and daughter to argue on TV | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Mother and daughter argue: At 9:40 a.m. Sept. 22 in the 1200 block of SW 301st St., police responded to a loud argument in a residence. According to the report, an adult woman and her mother had gotten into an argument. The report notes that the woman's children live with her and her mother, and that the argument stemmed from the fact that the mother is critical of the daughter's parenting skills. The woman claims her mother is "controlling, manipulative and crazy," and that the mother is attempting to turn the children against the women. The report also notes that the daughter claims her and her mother have been invited to appear on the Dr. Phil show because of their relationship issues.
• Paraplegic man commits suicide: At 7:31 a.m. Sept. 22 in the 32000 block of 1st Avenue South, a care home reported that one of its residents had committed suicide. According to the report, the man was a paraplegic and committed suicide by hanging himself. The report notes that "no suspicious injuries and no suspicious activity was discovered."
• Vehicle stolen at state park: At 8:17 a.m. Sept. 22 in the 5700 block of SW Dash Point Road, a man reported that his vehicle was stolen during the night. According to the report, the man was staying at Dash Point State Park, and had left his vehicle unlocked with the keys inside the vehicle.
• Car prowl in church parking lot: At 12:30 p.m. Sept. 22 in the 30000 block of 8th Avenue South, a woman was attending church when she heard her car alarm go off. The woman went outside and discovered that unknown suspects had broken a window out of her vehicle and had stolen a diaper bag.
• Get off my lawn: At 1:04 p.m. Sept. 22 in the 32000 block of 16th Court SW, a man called 911 to report that his juvenile neighbor had thrown a newspaper into his yard.
• Shopping cart thief cited: At 12:24 a.m. Sept. 21 in the 34000 block of 16th Avenue South, an officer cited a man for taking a shopping cart off of store property. The report notes the man indicated he had been doing this for a number of years.
• Business burglarized: At 5:18 a.m. Sept. 21 in the 32000 block of Pacific Highway South, police received a report that a business had been broken into, and an unknown amount of items had been stolen. The report notes the suspects gained entry by throwing a rock through the business' glass doors, and that the business had video surveillance footage forthcoming.
• Citizen recovers money for coffee stand: At 9:01 a.m. Sept. 21 in the 4600 block of SW 320th Street, a man walked up to a coffee stand and knocked on the window. When the cashier opened the window, the man reached in and stole $75 from the cash register, then attempted to flee the area. A nearby citizen witnessed the theft, followed the suspect and tackled him to the ground, recovering $73 of the $75 before the suspect broke free and fled again. The report notes the suspect is wanted for stealing from an area 7-Eleven store as well.
• Shoplifter stopped: At 8:09 p.m. Sept. 21 in the 1900 block of South 314th Street, a man was arrested for attempting to steal $89.59 in merchandise from Wal-Mart.
• Young driver gets in hot water: At 8:01 a.m. Sept. 20 in the 35000 block of 1st Avenue South, a 15-year-old driver with only a learner's permit was involved in a minor collision. The report notes the young driver also had three "unauthorized" passengers in the car with him at the time of the collision.