Women busted for stealing bras at Victoria's Secret | FW crime blotter

The Federal Way Police Department can be reached at (253) 835-6700. - Courtesy image
The Federal Way Police Department can be reached at (253) 835-6700.
— image credit: Courtesy image

Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:

• Bra thieves: At 2:58 p.m. Sept. 15 in the 1900 block of South Commons, two women entered a Victoria's Secret store and attempted to return eight bras in exchange for cash. Store employees became suspicious because earlier in the day, about 10 to 20 bras had been stolen from a Victoria's Secret store in Puyallup. The suspects denied their involvement with that crime initially, but finally admitted to being responsible. According to the women, they are being paid to steal the bras and then attempt to return them.

• Woman involuntarily committed: At 4:30 a.m. Sept. 15 in the 2100 block of South 320th Street, police were called out to assist South King Fire and Rescue with a depressed/suicidal woman. According to the report, when police made contact with the woman, she indicated she wanted to kill herself because she had nowhere to go. The woman also seemed unsure of where she was, saying she had arrived in Federal Way by taking a boat from Chicago. The woman also made a statement that she believed she had been poisoned and that everyone was out to kill her. She was taken into custody and involuntarily committed without incident, the report notes.

• Woman changes mind on pressing charges: At 12:53 a.m. Sept. 15 in the 1900 block of South 331st Street, a woman reported being assaulted by her boyfriend. The boyfriend was still present in the couple's apartment and was arrested by police. According to the report, the woman had originally "agreed to assist with prosecution and provide a statement," but then changed her mind.

• Angry ex-employee: At 2:28 a.m. Sept. 15 in the 2400 block of SW 336th Street, an employee of a business was assaulted by an ex-employee of the business. According to the report, the ex-employee punched the current employee in the nose, then fled the scene.

• Church burglarized: At 8:12 a.m. Sept. 14 in the 1600 block of South 330th Street, unknown suspects broke into a church. The report notes the only items the burglars seemed to have stolen was five dollars in change.

• Man assaulted by girlfriend: At 9:05 a.m. Sept. 15 in the 32000 block of 11th Place South, a man's girlfriend assaulted him. According to the report, the woman struck the man four times in his face, leaving visible injuries. She also scratched and bit the man's arm. The report notes the woman also picked up a knife at one point and threatened to kill the man with it. The woman was still holding the knife upon police arrival. She was arrested and booked into the SCORE facility.

• Cigarette thief: At 12:02 p.m. Sept. 15 in the 4600 block of SW 320th Street, a man entered a tobacco store and asked for 10 packs of cigarettes. The clerk gathered seven packs of cigarettes and placed them on the counter, and then turned back to grab the last three packs. The suspect grabbed the seven packs of cigarettes and fled while the clerk's back was turned to gather the last few packs.

• Woman loses everything: At 6:51 p.m. Sept. 15 in the 1200 block of South 324th Street, unknown suspects broke into the victim's rental car and stole her suitcase, computer and $1,500 in clothes. The woman is visiting from England, and her passport was in her suitcase at the time of the theft.

• Man retrieves stolen tablet: At 9:02 p.m. Sept. 15 in the 34000 block of 16th Avenue South, a man set up an "undercover" operation in order to retrieve his Samsung tablet device. According to the report, the man found his tablet in a Craigslist ad and set up a meeting to get it back. The report notes the man met with two men, and retrieved his device. He was also able to take photos of the two men, and provided the photos to police for further investigation.

• Man interrupts burglary in progress: At 9:56 a.m. Sept. 14 in the 28000 block of 22nd Avenue South, a man interrupted a burglary in progress at his residence. According to the report, the home was semi-abandoned, because the suspect had changed the locks on all the doors and had been living in the residence for an unspecified period of time. The report notes the homeowner refused to press charges against the suspect, and only requested that the suspect be officially trespassed from his property.


We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates