- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Dog owner arrested for animal cruelty | FW crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Hot dog removed from car: At 1:27 p.m. Sept. 8 in the 36000 block of 19th Way South, police received reports of a dog locked in a car in a parking lot. Police removed the dog and located the owner. A background check of the owner determined the owner had active warrants. The owner was arrested for the warrants and animal cruelty.
• Man jumps from balcony: At 1:41 a.m. Sept. 8 in the 33000 block of 24th Avenue South, police responded to reports of a fight in a residence. Upon arrival, police heard loud screaming from inside and forced entry into the residence. A known male jumped from a balcony at the residence and fled the area upon police entry. The report notes that it was determined the male had a no-contact order with a person in the residence, and was also in violation of a firearm law.
• Police respond six times to one couple: At 10:53 p.m. Sept. 8 in the 4900 block of SW 319th Lane, a boyfriend and girlfriend got into an argument, and the girlfriend contacted police regarding the argument. Police eventually determined that the girlfriend had texted the boyfriend to come back to their residence. The report notes this was the sixth time in two days police had responded to this particular couple.
• Cellphone theft: At 3:55 p.m. Sept. 8 in the 2200 block of South Commons, a male in his early 20s came up to the juvenile victim and grabbed the victim's cellphone from his hand. The report notes the suspect fled and was unable to be located.
• Man tries to get dog, ends up arrested: At 6:34 p.m. Sept. 8 in the 33000 block of 8th Avenue South, a man came to pick up his dog from the city's animal control department. During the process, it was discovered the man had active warrants. He was arrested without incident.
• German shepherds stolen: At 7:01 p.m. Sept. 8 in the 28000 block of Military Road South, unknown suspects stole two German shepherds from an enclosure in the victim's yard.
• Woman robbed: At 8:44 p.m. Sept. 8 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, a woman was robbed of $1,300 in cash by an unknown suspect.
• Another cellphone theft: At 11:56 a.m. Sept. 7 in the 31000 block of 23rd Avenue South, an unknown male grabbed the victim's cellphone from their hand, and then fled to a car waiting nearby.
• Man's computer stolen while he's in hospital: At 2:19 p.m. Sept. 7 in the 32000 block of Military Road South, the victim reported his computer had been stolen while he was in the hospital for an extended stay. According to the report, several people had access to the man's apartment while he was in the hospital, although no one admitted to taking the computer.
• Vehicle prowls: At 6:10 p.m. Sept. 7 in the 1600 block of SW 304th Street, three cars were broken into in a parking lot while the vehicles' owners attended a wedding at the location. According to the report, approximately $3,150 in personal items were stolen from the three vehicles.