- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Man threatens to kill customers | FW crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Man threatens to kill store-goers: At 4:15 p.m. Sept. 2 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, a witness reported that a man was standing/sitting next to the entry to a business and threatening to kill customers as they walked into the business. The report notes the man was involuntarily committed.
• Out-of-control man: At 2:05 a.m. Sept. 2 in the 28000 block of 18th Avenue South, police were called to deal with an out-of-control man who was fighting with his family. While being arrested, the man threatened to kill the police officers, their families, and his father.
• DUI in the drive-thru: At 4:43 a.m. Sept. 2 in the 1600 block of South 347th Place, a woman was arrested for DUI after she drove through a restaurant's drive-through lane while intoxicated.
• Gun stolen: At 5:50 a.m. Sept. 2 in the 4000 block of SW 334th Place, a man reported that his Colt .45 firearm had been stolen from his truck.
• Disorderly man arrested on warrants: At 7:55 a.m. Sept. 2 in the 1700 block of South 341st Place, employees of a business reported a disorderly man was yelling in the parking lot. A check on the man revealed an active warrant, at which time he was arrested without incident.
• Attempted suicide: At 9 a.m. Sept. 2 in the 28000 block of Pacific Highway South, a woman attempted to hang herself with an extension cord after a fight with her boyfriend. The report notes the woman said she attempted to commit suicide because she's tired of fighting with her boyfriend. She was involuntarily committed to St. Francis Hospital.
• Power tools stolen from business: At 9:45 a.m. Sept. 2 in the 1700 block of South 312th Street, it was reported that unknown suspects had kicked in the front door to a vacant business and stole a number of power tools that were still inside the business.
• Possible squatters at rental property: At 10:51 a.m. Sept. 2 in the 300 block of SW 322nd Street, the owner of a rental property reported a burglary. According to the report, unknown suspects broke into the property and stole a ladder. The report also notes this was the second burglary at the same property in as many days, and that it appeared squatters may be occupying the residence.
• Woman permanently banned from mall: At 2:24 p.m. Sept. 2 in the 2200 block of South Commons, a woman was permanently trespassed from The Commons Mall. According to the report, a loss prevention officer at Target had recognized her and identified her to police as a chronic thief and drug user. The loss prevention officer indicated the woman frequently stole small quantities of cosmetics, and had also been observed in the past using drugs in the parking lot. The woman admitted these claims were all true.
• Man tears pillow apart: At 3 p.m. Sept. 2 in the 1700 block of SW 308th Street, a woman reported that her boyfriend had become so enraged during an argument that he had tore a pillow in half with his bare hands.