- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Mystery package delivers stinky surprise | FW crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Surprise in the mail: At 5:06 p.m. Aug. 24 in the 33000 block of 28th Avenue SW, unknown persons sent the reporting party a package full of animal feces. The report notes that the package was postmarked from Arlington, WA, and that the victim knows no one in Arlington, nor has any connection to Arlington.
• Counterfeit bill: At 4:28 a.m. Aug. 25 in the 29000 block of Pacific Highway South, a gas station clerk reported that a man had attempted to buy some gas with a counterfeit $5 bill.
• Involuntary committal: At 5:50 a.m. Aug. 25 in the 1800 block of South 285th Place, a man was involuntarily committed after claiming he wanted to kill himself, and also claiming that he was going to inject himself with bleach. The report notes that witnesses found the suicidal man in the laundry room of an apartment complex, and that he was holding a hypodermic needle when he was discovered.
• Shoplifting/drug paraphernalia: At 1:55 p.m. Aug. 25 in the 1700 block of South Commons, a woman was arrested for attempting to steal a $29.99 piece of merchandise from a department store. The report notes that drug paraphernalia was discovered on her person as she was being arrested.
• Drunken man: At 8:13 p.m. Aug. 25 in the 34000 block of Pacific Highway South, passing motorists and pedestrians reported an extremely intoxicated man sitting on a sidewalk. According to the report, when contacted by police, the only coherent thing the man could say was "I'm so drunk." The report notes the man had soiled himself and also vomited on himself by the time police made contact.
• Mail theft: At 3:23 p.m. Aug. 19 in the 34000 block of 37th Avenue SW, the reporting party indicated unknown suspects had stolen four pieces of mail from their mailbox. Each piece of mail contained a check.
• No beer with EBT leads to warrant arrest: At 1:51 a.m. Aug. 24 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, a man became agitated when a gas station refused to let him buy beer with his EBT card. The man was uncooperative when police arrived, and attempted to give police a fake name. The man's real name was discovered, and he was arrested for outstanding warrants.
• Road rage incident: At 11:15 a.m. Aug. 25, in the 100 block of SW 312th Street, police responded to a reported road rage incident. According to the report, the suspect driver threw an unidentified object through the victim driver's open side window, striking the victim in the face and causing minor injuries to the victim's face. The suspect driver was located nearby and arrested.
• Juvenile mail thieves: At 11:43 a.m. Aug. 24 in the 31000 block of 12th Avenue SW, a man reported witnessing an 8-year-old boy rummaging through this mail, although the man indicated the boy didn't take any mail. The report notes the man said a number of juveniles from a specific residence in the neighborhood have made it a habit of going through people's mail.
• TV stolen from home: At 2:20 p.m. Aug. 24 in the 30000 block of 50th Place SW, unknown suspects broke into the victim's home and stole the victim's 47-inch television.