- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Fight breaks out at church service | FW crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Fight at church service: At 2:49 p.m. Aug. 18 in the 400 block of South 312th Street, various members of a church got into a heated argument. According to the report, at one point, another member of the church not directly involved in the argument attempted to step in and settle everyone down. At that point, a fellow church member, described as an "old man" by the victim, punched the victim in the face.
• Man has strange encounter: At 10:26 p.m. Aug. 18 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, a man reported that an unknown male had tailgated/followed him in a vehicle for a large portion of that day. According to the report, the victim even drove to the police department, and the unknown male followed him into the parking lot of the police department. The report notes the suspect was a white male in his early 20s with a mullet.
• Man without a license gets popped for warrant: At 7:25 a.m. Aug. 18 in the 1600 block of SW 312th Street, a vehicle was pulled over for driving erratically. According to the report, the driver did not have a driver's license, and actually had an active warrant for driving without a driver's license.
• Dog quarantined: At 11:11 a.m. Aug. 18 in the 31000 block of 18th Avenue South, a dog was placed under quarantine after it attacked another dog and that dog's owner.
• Possible sexual assault: At 3:07 p.m. Aug. 4 at an undisclosed address, the victim reported that she believes she "may have unwillingly participated in three-way sexual intercourse."
• TV thieves: At 3:40 p.m. Aug. 18 in the 1900 block of South 314th Street, two men successfully stole a 55-inch flatscreen TV valued at $798 from a business.
• Suspicious vehicle nets drugs: At 2:19 a.m. Aug. 17 in the 1400 block of South 348th Street, officers noticed a suspicious vehicle. Upon making contact with the occupants of the vehicle, it was discovered that the driver was in possession of methamphetamine, heroin and an unnamed medication.
• Man assaults four at bar: At 1:44 a.m. Aug. 17 in the 28000 block of Military Road South, a man assaulted and injured four separate people at a bar. According to the report, the man was arrested for assault and booked into the SCORE jail facility.
• Tires slashed: At 10:31 a.m. Aug. 17 in the 1900 block of SW Campus Drive, unknown suspects slashed four tires on one car, and two tires on another car. The owners of the cars indicated they had no idea who would do such a thing to their vehicles.
• Brother fights brother over computer use: At 4:01 p.m. Aug. 17 in the 1300 block of SW Campus Drive, a man assaulted his adult brother over an argument that originated with them arguing who got to use the family computer.