- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Bat-wielding man dislikes lesbians | FW crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Woman hit by bat-wielding man: At 7:36 a.m. Aug. 10 in the 33000 block of 18th Place South, a woman was struck in the ribs with a baseball bat by an unknown male. According to the report, the unknown suspect said the woman was attacked because he "did not like lesbians."
• Husband misses mortgage payments: At 10:05 a.m. Aug. 10 in the 2000 block of South 302nd Place, a husband and wife got into a loud argument over mortgage payments. According to the report, the husband had been missing the mortgage payments because his money was going toward paying for his girlfriend's rent/mortgage payment.
• Cab fare welsher arrested: At 8:28 a.m. Aug. 10 in the 2200 block of South Star Lake Road, the suspect was arrested for failing to pay a cab fare. According to the report, the suspect attempted to flee on foot, but was eventually detained by police.
• House parties three nights straight: At 2:10 a.m. Aug. 11 in the 2100 block of South 286th Street, the owner of a home was issued a citation for a noise violation after three successive nights of loud parties at the residence.
• Argument between couple leads to warrant arrest: At 8:17 a.m. Aug. 11 in the 1000 block of South 315th Street, a man and a woman in a relationship got into a loud argument, prompting a police response. According to the report, a records check of the man involved came back with an active warrant for DUI. The man was arrested without incident.
• Woman's charity gets pushed to the limit: At 12:09 p.m. Aug. 11 in the 1600 block of South 333rd Street, a woman asked police to remove her ex-boyfriend and his current girlfriend from her residence. According to the report, the woman had been allowing the duo to stay at her residence intermittently in recent weeks and months. The report notes the woman said she's sympathetic to the couple because they are currently homeless and have a young child.
• Woman breaks into hotel room: At 12:59 p.m. Aug. 11 in the 1400 block of South 320th Street, a woman was arrested after she broke into a hotel room. According to the report, hotel staff were only made aware of the woman's presence when she accidentally left a piece of paper to burn on a stove in the room. When hotel staff attempted to enter the room, they found that the woman had barricaded the door from inside.
• Tool thief arrested: At 2:54 p.m. Aug. 11 in the 1700 block of South Commons, a man was arrested for attempting to steal more than $500 worth of tools from a department store.
• Pain medication stolen: At 6:07 p.m. Aug. 11 in the 37000 block of 3rd Place SW, a woman reported that her pain medication had been stolen from her residence.
• Argument leads to police response: At 8:50 p.m. Aug. 11 in the 2900 block of SW 330th Street, a man and woman got into a loud argument, prompting neighbors to call the police. The report notes that the woman only knew her boyfriend by a street name. The report also notes that a group of men hostile to police gathered nearby, and that future responses to the location should have multiple officers respond.