- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Woman finds would-be burglar in window | FW crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Woman catches would-be burglar in the act: At 4:21 p.m. Aug. 4 in the 32000 block of 1st Lane SW, a woman caught a man attempting to make entry into her home. According to the report, the man had half his body through an open window when the woman discovered him. The woman told the man she was going to "call the police," at which point the man fled.
• Traffic stop leads to arrest: At 1:19 a.m. Aug. 4 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, a man was stopped for a traffic violation. A records check of the man found an active $2,100 warrant for the man. The report notes the man was arrested and booked into the SCORE jail facility.
• Family fight: At 2:40 a.m. Aug. 4 in the 28000 block of 22nd Avenue South, a man got into a fight with his wife's uncle. According to the report, the man suffered multiple injuries because of the fight. The report also notes that the man's brother-in-law was arrested for obstruction when he refused police entry into the residence. The police were attempting to check on the welfare of a 2-year-old child who witnessed the fight.
• Break-in at church: At 4:18 a.m. Aug. 4 in the 37000 block of 8th Avenue South, police responded to a tripped alarm at a church. According to the report, police were unable to contact anyone associated with the church, and it was unclear whether anything had been taken from the church.
• Garage burglars: At 11:19 a.m. Aug. 2 in the 34000 block of 10th Avenue SW, a homeowner reported that unknown suspects had walked into his open garage and stolen approximately $1,000 in property.
• Subway store robbed: At 2:55 p.m. Aug. 4 in the 1600 block of SW Dash Point Road, a Subway store was robbed of $240.
• Dog attacks another dog: At 5:12 p.m. Aug. 4 in the 4200 block of SW 317th Street, police responded to an incident involving two dogs. The report notes that the dogs were separated shortly after police arrival, and that one of the dogs suffered injuries.
• Flag stolen: At 7:48 p.m. Aug. 4 in the 34000 block of 30th Avenue SW, a woman reported that unknown suspects stole her American flag from its place on the exterior of her home.
• Woman arrested for warrants after traffic stop: At 12:39 a.m. Aug. 3 in the 2200 block of South 291st Street, a woman was stopped for "failure to use a turn signal, speeding, and defective tail lights." A records check of the woman's name revealed two active warrants for her arrest. The woman was arrested without incident and booked into the SCORE jail facility.
• Twin brothers fight: At 5:45 a.m. Aug. 3 in the 34000 block of 28th Place SW, a man was arrested for assaulting his twin brother at a party.