- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Homeless man sleeps at high school | FW crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Homeless man sleeps on school grounds: At 2:53 p.m. July 28 in the 30000 block of 16th Avenue South, a homeless man was discovered on the grounds of Federal Way High School. According to the report, the man had slept the night on school grounds. The report notes the man said he tried to get off of school grounds the evening before, but was unable to do so because of darkness. The man was permanently trespassed from school grounds at the request of the school.
• Juvenile in stolen car: At 1:06 a.m. July 28 in the 32000 block of Pacific Highway South, a juvenile was found driving a stolen car. According to the report, there were multiple warrants out for the juvenile's arrest. The report notes the juvenile was taken into custody and transferred to the King County Juvenile Center.
• Man arrested after foot chase: At 4:03 a.m. July 28 in the 34000 block of 16th Avenue South, police observed a known subject with three outstanding warrants exiting a store. Police stopped the vehicle that the suspect went into shortly thereafter, at which time the suspect fled on foot. According to the report, the suspect was located nearby, hiding at a hotel.
• Burglary: At 11:11 a.m. July 28 in the 3000 block of 20th Avenue South, the victim came home to find their front door had been kicked in. According to the report, the only items of value taken by the unknown suspect(s) were the victim's door key and mailbox key.
• License plate theft: At 12:42 p.m. July 28 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, the victim reported that their rear license plate had been stolen. According to the report, there are no suspects or active leads in the case.
• Two permanently trespassed from The Commons: At 2:39 p.m. July 28 in the 1900 block of South Commons, a man was arrested and permanently trespassed for attempting to steal $123.98 in merchandise from Macy's. The report also notes that a woman was permanently trespassed from the mall as well, when drug paraphernalia was discovered on her person. The report is unclear on whether the man and woman were connected.
• Assault: At 12:04 a.m. July 27 in the 32000 block of 16th Avenue SW, a woman was arrested after she assaulted her mother.
• Damaged door from ex-girlfriend: At 12:57 a.m. July 27 in the 27000 block of 24th Avenue South, a woman's front door was damaged by her ex-girlfriend. According to the report, the ex-girlfriend kicked the door with such force that the hinges were knocked off the frame.
• Two women fight: At 2:22 a.m. July 27 in the 1800 block of South 281st Place, two women were involved in a fight in a parking lot. According to the report, one woman was found to be the aggressor, and was subsequently arrested for assault.
• Business burglary: At 7:06 a.m. July 27 in the 1200 block of South 356th Street, unknown suspects gained entry into the secured parking lot of a business. According to the report, the suspect(s) stole approximately $5,000 in tools, and caused approximately $3,600 in damage to various vehicles parked in the lot.