- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Neighbor says dog killed chicken | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Chicken killed: At 2:08 p.m. July 21 in the 600 block of SW 299th Street, the owners of a chicken claimed their neighbor's dog killed the chicken. According to the report, there were no witnesses to the chicken's death. The report notes that the dog owners were issued a warning regarding "the dog's violent propensities."
• Last call turns rowdy: At 2:11 a.m. July 21 in the 35000 block of 21st Avenue SW, a group of men became disgruntled when last call was announced. According to the report, the group tried to force their way behind the bar and got into a confrontation with security personnel. During the confrontation, one of the men from the group is said to have brandished a handgun. The report notes the group of men had dispersed by the time the police arrived.
• Sexual assault of a child: At 12:22 a.m. July 21 at an undisclosed location, the suspect was arrested for "digitally and orally penetrating" a child.
• Target card fraud: At 12:27 a.m. July 21 in the 28000 block of 20th Avenue South, a woman reported that unknown suspects had opened a Target card in her name and had made several charges to it. The report notes the woman only became aware of the issue when she received a late payment notice.
• Vehicles tagged with graffiti: At 8:53 a.m. July 21 in the 35000 block of 25th Avenue SW, a resident of an apartment complex reported that three vehicles near the complex had been extensively tagged with graffiti. The report notes there were no eye-witnesses or leads.
• Storage unit break-in: At 11:22 a.m. July 21 in the 34000 block of Pacific Highway South, the victim reported that their storage unit had been broken into, and approximately $6,900 worth of items had been stolen.
• Woman assaulted by ex-boyfriend: At 12:13 p.m. July 21 in the 1000 block of SW 307th Street, a woman was assaulted by her ex-boyfriend. According to the report, the ex-boyfriend showed up unannounced at the woman's house, and assaulted her when she opened the door.
• Foreign exchange student molested: At 12:44 p.m. July 21 at an undisclosed location, a foreign exchange student reported that her "host" father had inappropriately fondled her breasts. According to the report, this happened during a massage the host father had convinced the student to get from him.
• Bicycle and bag of books appear in man's yard: At 5:48 p.m. July 21 in the 1400 block of South 308th Street, a man reported that an unknown person had left a bicycle and a bag of books on his property. The man requested the items be removed. The report notes that police took the items into custody and booked them into evidence.
• Generator stolen: At 8:56 p.m. July 21 in the 34000 block of 16th Avenue South, a man parked his camper trailer in a store parking lot in order to walk his dog. Before he walked his dog, the man set a generator outside of his camper trailer. Sometime during the walk, unknown suspects stole the generator.