- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Two women rob gas station | FW crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Armed robbery at gas station: At 8:25 a.m. July 6 in the 33000 block of 1st Way South, two women robbed a gas station at gunpoint. According to the report, the duo wore hoodies and bandanas to obscure their faces. Police are investigating the case. No suspects have been apprehended.
• Cash register raided: At 3:30 a.m. July 6 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, unknown suspects broken into a restaurant and stole approximately $30 in coins from a cash register.
• Suspicious circumstances: At 2 p.m. July 6 at an unknown address in Federal Way, police were called to a CPR in progress. The CPR efforts were unsuccessful and the victim died. The report notes "suspicious circumstances" were uncovered in the investigation of the person's death.
• Watermelon thrown into truck: At 3:51 a.m. July 6 in the 3200 block of SW 329th Street, a man reported that unknown suspects had thrown a watermelon through his broken rear window on his pickup truck. According to the report, unknown suspects had busted out the same window in April. The victim believed the two events might be connected, but could not provide any evidence to substantiate his claim.
• Bullet found in wall: At 2:52 p.m. July 5 in the 34000 block of Pacific Highway South, a business reported damage to an exterior wall. According to the report, a bullet was found lodged in the damaged wall.
• Dropbox thieves: At 5:52 p.m. July 3 in the 32000 block of 19th Place South, an apartment complex reported that unknown suspects had stolen a number of money orders from the complex's overnight dropbox.
• TV set on fire: At 2:42 p.m. July 4 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, officers were notified of a fire in the area. According to the report, unknown suspects had lit a TV on fire. The report notes that one witness said they had seen two homeless men in the area about 10 minutes prior to the fire starting.
• Lawnmower stolen: At 6:10 p.m. July 3 in the 33000 block of 35th Avenue South, a man reported that unknown suspects had stolen his lawnmower while it sat unattended in his front yard.
• Meat theft: At 7:29 p.m. July 4 in the 2100 block of SW 336th Street, an unknown suspect stole over $200 in meat from a store.
• Gas siphoning fail: At 4:08 a.m. July 3 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, employees at a hotel contacted police regarding a man who was attempting to siphon gasoline from various vehicles parked in the hotel's parking lot. Police were able to apprehend the suspect, although the report notes the man was unsuccessful in every one of his siphoning attempts that day.