- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Municipal League releases 2013 candidate ratings
From staff reports:
The Municipal League of King County has released its 2013 ratings for Federal Way candidates.
The non-partisan league evaluates candidates based on standards of involvement, effectiveness, character and knowledge. Candidates submit questionnaires that form the basis for the league's research and interview process. These ratings are not endorsements.
Candidates are rated Outstanding, Very Good, Good, Adequate, or Not Qualified. Scroll to the bottom of this story for an explanation of these ratings.
Click on a candidate's name to read his/her Municipal League questionnaire (where applicable).
Federal Way mayor
• Jim Ferrell: Very Good
• Skip Priest: Outstanding
Federal Way City Council, position 2
• Mark Koppang: Good
• Kelly Maloney: Outstanding
• Anthony Murrietta: Insufficient information (did not participate in interview or questionnaire)
Federal Way City Council, position 4
• Jeanne Burbidge: Outstanding
• John Fairbanks: Good
Federal Way City Council, position 6
• Ryan Miller: Adequate (did not participate in interview or questionnaire)
• Martin Moore: Good
• Diana Noble-Gulliford: Very Good
About the ratings, according to the Municipal League
• Outstanding: Has made numerous outstanding contributions requiring skills related to the office, is a path-finding and respected leader, brings knowledge and creativity to issues facing the office.
• Very Good: Makes significant contributions, is a skilled builder of consensus, inspires confidence in the way he/she would serve, is thorough and attentive to issues.
• Good: Has been active and effective in many roles, is capable of moving people to productive action, has strong record of participation in problem solving, shows satisfactory commitment to tackling issues.
• Adequate: Has a record of participation and interest, is effective on specific issues, has provoked questions about suitability as an office holder, will need significant time/energy to fill gaps in knowledge.
• Not Qualified: Doesn’t appear engaged, has a record that casts doubt on ability to be productive, hasn’t demonstrated ability to deal with responsibilities of office, has narrow focus, inflexible attitude or is otherwise troubling.
Learn more at www.munileagueratings.org.