- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Man sleeps in parking lot to avoid ghosts | FW crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Man sleeping in parking lot: At 1:57 a.m. June 28 in the 28000 block of Military Road South, a man was found sleeping in the parking lot of a grocery store. According to the report, the man is well known to police because he has issues with delusions/hallucinations. The man said he was sleeping at the grocery store parking lot because ghosts live in his house.
• Man sleeping in car actually has a good reason: At 4:20 a.m. June 28 in the 1600 block of South 348th Street, police contacted a man who was asleep in his vehicle. According to the report, the man said he was sleeping in the vehicle because of an argument with his wife. The report notes police were able to contact the wife, who confirmed her husband's story.
• Unusual welfare check: At 11:22 a.m. June 29 in the 800 block of South 312th Street, police responded to reports of a man whose pants kept falling down. According to the report, the man's pants kept falling down because they were too small, and the situation was causing "concern to passersby."
• Fight in parking lot: At 2:46 a.m. June 30 in the 28000 block of 18th Avenue South, police responded to a call of a dispute in the parking lot of an apartment complex. Upon arrival, police discovered a crowd of people in the parking lot, although there was no fight taking place. According to the report, one person in the group had an active warrant and was arrested.
• Attempted assault on officers: At 3:34 a.m. June 30 in the 28000 block of 18th Avenue South, a woman was arrested for willfully driving her vehicle at police officers.
• Man in bushes flees: At 3:24 a.m. June 30 in the 34000 block of 11th Place South, a property owner requested a check of a residence by police. Police found nothing disturbed inside the residence, but the report notes an unknown male was hiding in the bushes on the property, and fled when police attempted to contact him.
• Vehicle theft victim finds extra stuff: At 4:41 p.m. June 30 in the 500 block of S. 325th Street, a victim who had their stolen car returned had recently reported that a number of items that didn't belong to them were in the vehicle, including a number of pieces of other people's mail.
• Vehicle prowl: At 6 p.m. June 30 in the 31000 block of Gateway Center Place, the victim reported that $4,000 in cash and various personal items had been stolen from their vehicle by unknown suspects.
• Grandma slightly injured trying to protect grandsons: At 9:15 p.m. June 30 in the 33000 block of 25th Avenue SW, a grandmother suffered minor injuries when she attempted to break up a fight involving her two juvenile grandsons. According to the report, the grandmother jumped in when an adult male joined the fight.
• Roommate argument leads to warrant arrest: At 10:21 p.m. June 30 in the 31000 block of 7th Avenue SW, a male roommate contacted police expressing concerns that his two female roommates wanted to assault him. The report notes that a check of one of the female roommates came back with an active warrant, and she was arrested.