- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Man claims robbery attempt was a joke | FW crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Man claims attempted robbery was a joke: At 5:40 a.m. May 27 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, a gas station clerk reported that a man came into the store and told the clerk to give him all the money in the cash register. The clerk said the man told him it "wasn't worth his life" to refuse the man's request. The clerk refused anyway, at which time the man bought a pack of cigarettes and left the store. The man was located by police nearby, and attempted to explain that he had just been making a joke.
• Woman's info ends up on Craigslist: At 5:28 p.m. May 27 in the 32000 block of 43rd Place SW, a woman reported that unknown suspects had posted all of her personal information, along with a photo of her, in the "Women Seeking Men" section of Craigslist. The woman indicated she had been receiving strange phone calls, etc. The report notes that the woman already changed her phone number.
• Home burglary: At 6:51 p.m. May 27 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, unknown suspects broke into the victim's home, stealing a computer, a TV, $3,000 worth of clothes, and a $5,000 Rolex watch.
• Drunk man ends up in wrong place: At 7:36 p.m. May 27 in the 2400 block of South Star Lake Road, an intoxicated man entered the wrong apartment, startling the people who lived there.
• Fight ends with couple's arrest: At 10:11 p.m. May 27 in the 32000 block of Pacific Highway South, a man and a woman got into a physical fight in public. Police responded, and after running their names, discovered both had outstanding warrants. The two were arrested and booked into jail.
• Involuntary committal: At 12:04 a.m. May 26 in the 30000 block of Pacific Highway South, a man was involuntarily committed after he burned his clothes and attempted to burn himself as well. The man resisted arrest. According to the report, the man told police that "cops and doctors are evil."
• Vehicle vandalism: At 11:33 a.m. May 26 in the 100 block of SW Campus Drive, the vehicle's owner reported that his car seems to be a target for local vandals. The report notes unknown suspects have been throwing rocks at the car, totaling $800 in damages.
• Storage units burglarized: At 12:37 p.m. May 26 in the 34000 block of Pacific Highway South, a storage business reported that 11 of its units had been burglarized.
• Man claims he was robbed: At 4:43 p.m. May 26 at an undisclosed location in Federal Way, a man reported being robbed at gunpoint of $700. According to the report, the man said he was walking in some local woods when this happened. When pressed to give an official statement, or provide further details, the man refused.
• Mother arrested for slapping daughter: At 8:22 p.m. May 26 in the 32000 block of 2nd Avenue SW, an adult woman was slapped by her mother during a drunken argument. The mother was arrested for assault.
• Thwarted burglary: At 12:05 p.m. May 22 in the 900 block of SW 361st Street, a neighbor observed an adult male climbing the fence into his neighbor's backyard. The suspect was checking windows, eventually breaking one to gain access to the home. 911 was called. Officers responded, and the suspect was arrested and booked for burglary.