- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Woman finds 'Nerf bomb' in backyard | FW crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Woman finds unusual object in backyard: At 9:15 a.m. April 18 in the 29000 block of 4th Avenue South, a woman was digging in her backyard when she found an unidentifiable object with the word "bomb" on it. According to the report, the bomb disposal unit was sent out, and it was determined that the object was a Nerf football.
• Woman cuts man with box cutter: At 4:23 a.m. April 21 in the 34000 block of 16th Avenue South, a couple who have a child together got in an argument while riding in a car. According to the report, at one point, the woman pulled out a box cutter and cut the man's neck. The woman was arrested.
• Man robbed for $20: At 5:46 a.m. April 21 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, a man was assaulted and robbed over $20.
• Birdhouse, LED lights stolen: At 2:19 p.m. April 20 in the 1000 block of South 323rd Street, unknown suspects stole a birdhouse and LED lights from the victim's residence.
• Man with active warrant caught making out: At 8:36 p.m. April 21 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, a man and a woman were making out in the parking lot of a park and ride. According to the report, the man had an active warrant out of Kent, and was transferred without incident to Kent police.
• Copper wire thieves caught: At 2:28 a.m. April 19 in the 2000 block of South 333rd Street, two men were caught and arrested for stealing copper wire from a series of power poles.
• Man arrested for stolen firearm: At 3:28 a.m. April 18 in the 34000 block of Pacific Highway South, police responded to reports of a suspicious individual. According to the report, the person in question had a stolen firearm in their possession and also gave multiple false names when being questioned. The man was arrested and transported to the King County Jail.
• Metal theft: At 7:48 a.m. April 18 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, unknown suspects stole approximately $5,000 in brass irrigation valves from the exterior of a business.
• More copper wire thieves: At 9:29 a.m. April 18 in the 33000 block of 47th Place South, approximately $5,000 in copper wire was stolen from a home currently under construction. According to the report, there were no leads on any suspects at this time.
• Talking on cellphone while driving: At 11:42 a.m. April 18 in the 3000 block of South Star Lake Road, a woman was pulled over for talking on her cellphone while driving. According to the report, the woman had an outstanding warrant in Pierce County, and was also driving on a suspended license. The report notes the woman was transferred to the Fife jail without incident.