- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Family brawl leads to severe head injuries | FW crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Family gathering leaves one in serious condition: At 6:31 a.m. April 7 in the 31000 block of 28th Avenue South, it was reported that a fight had broken out at a residence during a family gathering the day before. According to the report, one of the family members was left with severe head injuries after the fight. The victim was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in serious condition.
• Fighting over marijuana: At 3:15 a.m. April 4 in the 33000 block of Pacific Highway S, police responded to a call of a fight. According to the report, a woman had assaulted a man over some marijuana she had "accidentally" given him.
• It's that time of year again: At 12:10 a.m. April 5 in the 28000 block of Pacific Highway South, a woman reported that a man had pulled into a parking lot, got out of his vehicle, pulled down his pants and began masturbating while looking at her. The report notes police were unable to track down the man.
• BB guns lead to arrests: At 11:10 a.m. April 5 in the 1000 block of South 289th Street, two individuals were arrested when they brought Airsoft BB guns onto an elementary school ground.
• Shoplifting at Macy's: At 3:09 p.m. April 5 in the 1900 block of South Commons, a woman was arrested for attempting to steal more than $2,600 of merchandise from Macy's.
• Work vehicle broken into: At 10:45 a.m. April 6 in the 2400 block of SW 336th Street, unknown suspects broke into the victim's work vehicle and stole a specialized piece of equipment valued at $3,000.
• 40 oz. to freedom doesn't quite work out: At 1:23 p.m. April 6 in the 1200 block of South 320th Street, the suspect was arrested for attempting to steal a 40 oz. bottle of Budweiser.
• Paranoid man ends up arrested: At 4:25 p.m. April 6 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, police were dispatched for a welfare check on a man in a store. According to the report, when contacted by police, the man said he believed he was being followed by unknown people. A check on the man came back with an outstanding warrant from Tacoma, and the man was arrested and transported to Tacoma.
• Storage unit broken into: At 10:41 a.m. April 7 in the 34000 block of Pacific Highway South, a woman reported her storage unit had been broken into and that over $2,000 in personal items had been stolen from the unit.
• Random acts of jerkiness: At 9:51 p.m. April 7 in the 2500 block of Gateway Center Place, a woman reported her passenger side window had been broken out while she was watching a movie at the $2 theater. According to the report, nothing was taken from the vehicle, even though the woman had left her purse in the vehicle.