- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Random gunshots on Easter weekend | FW crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Random "shoot your gun in the air" weekend: At 12:58 a.m. March 31 in the 2000 block of SW Campus Drive, witnesses reported seeing a large group of men enter a vehicle in an apartment complex. As the vehicle was leaving the complex, one of the occupants stuck a gun out a window and fired multiple shots in the air. According to the report, police recovered 13 spent shell casings.
• More random "shoot your gun in the air" occurrences: At 4:19 a.m. March 31 in the 33000 block of 1st Avenue South, two witnesses observed unknown suspects in a vehicle randomly fire a gun up in the air as the vehicle proceeded through an intersection. According to the report, police recovered two spent shell casings in the intersection.
• Daughter violates no-contact order by calling her mom on Easter: At 10:11 a.m. March 31 in the 31000 block of 7th Place South, a daughter violated a no-contact order with her mother. According to the report, the daughter had called the mother to ask if she wanted to see her grandchild for Easter.
• HVAC thieves trip alarm: At 2:18 a.m. March 31 in the 33000 block of 9th Avenue South, police responded to a tripped alarm at a business. According to the report, it appeared that unknown suspects were attempting to steal an HVAC unit when they accidentally tripped the alarm to the business. A K-9 track led police to a nearby business complex, where a number of other dismantled HVAC units were discovered.
• Mail thief arrested: At 9 a.m. March 31 in the 31000 block of 13th Avenue South, a suspect was arrested in the theft of 22 individuals' mail.
• The perils of Facebook: On March 31 in the 30 block of South 342nd Place at an unknown time, a 15-year-old girl reported that she had been raped/sodomized on March 7 by an adult male acquaintance she had met on Facebook.
• Burglars net huge haul of jewelry: At 12:29 p.m. March 31 in the 34000 block of 30th Avenue SW, a homeowner reported being burglarized, and that more than $30,000 (mostly gold jewelry) had been stolen. According to the report, the unknown suspects had gained entrance into the house through an unsecured back door.
• Hotel scammer: At 9:42 p.m. March 31 in the 32000 block of 25th Avenue South, multiple people reported being contacted by someone claiming to be with a popular hotel chain. According to the report, the faux hotel employee was asking/verifying credit card information. One person fell for it, and provided the caller with their credit card information. In a short matter of time, the victim noticed unauthorized charges to their account coming from St. Louis, MO.
• Shoplifter has a bad day: At 3:11 p.m. March 30 in the 1900 block of South Commons, a man attempted to steal $123 in clothing items. According to the report, when police approached the man, he fled on foot. Police found him shortly afterward, attempting to hide in a bush. The report notes the man continued to resist arrest and was eventually pepper sprayed. According to the report, paraphernalia consistent with cocaine use was discovered on the man as he was being arrested.
• Stolen handgun in flowerbed: At 4:24 p.m. March 30 in the 2100 block of SW 322nd Place, a man was doing yard work for his brother when he discovered a gun buried in one of his brother's flowerbeds. According to the report, the gun was weathered and rusty. The report notes the gun came back as being reported stolen from Virginia in 2006.