- About Us
More charges against suspected rapist
Charges in another case have been filed against a 26-year-old man who was shot by police and arrested after allegedly raping two teenage sisters in Federal Way last month.
The King County prosecuting attorney this week filed charges of rape, burglary, robbery and unlawful imprisonment against Anthony Casper Dias. The allegations are in connection with an incident Oct. 31 in Des Moines in which two women were raped in a home.
The charges appear to confirm the belief among authorities that Dias is the serial rapist who struck in a series of attacks in King and Pierce counties, including twice in or near Federal Way.
In the second attack in Federal Way, Dias raped two girls in their familys apartment while their mother was bound, according to authorities.
The victims escaped early in the morning of Nov. 8 when he fell asleep. They contacted police, who surrounded the apartment and shot Dias after he jumped from the second-floor unit and tried to escape. Authorities said he was armed with a gun, though he didnt shoot at officers.
Dias, who lived in the Federal Way area, has been jailed on $5 million bail since his arrest.
Charges in the other rapes in which Dias is a suspect havent been filed.
Prosecuting Attorney Norm Maleng has said that if Dias is convicted on the charges stemming from the Federal Way attack, he will seek a maximum prison sentence of 44 years.