- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Family fight turns violent | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Nasty family fight: At 12:10 p.m. March 10 in the 100 block of South 329th Place, police responded to a domestic violence call. Upon arrival, police discovered a woman, a man, and their mother in a fight. According to the report, the woman was violently mad at the mother. The man stepped in to protect the mother, at which point the woman picked up a knife and threatened the man with it. The man attacked his sister by kicking her in the chest and punching her in the face in order to disarm her of the knife.
• Car prowler scores some serious swag: At 12:06 p.m. March 9 in the 32000 block of Military Road South, the victim reported their car had been broken into. According to the report, among the items stolen were a laptop valued at $2,000, a Gucci purse valued at $1,000 and a Louis Vuitton purse as well (no value listed).
• Shots fired: At 12:50 a.m. March 10 in the 700 block of South 356th Street, several witnesses reported hearing shots fired. A police check of the area yielded no suspects or victims, but police did find spent shell casings.
• With friends like these…: At 3:11 a.m. March 10 in the 30000 block of 22nd Avenue South, a man reported his friend had struck him with his vehicle while he was in his own vehicle. According to the report, the "friend" suffered a broken arm and abrasions as a result of the collision.
• Woman admits she needs help: At 6:57 a.m. March 10 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, a woman was discovered sleeping at a gas station. According to the report, a search of the woman found a crack pipe on her person. The report notes the woman admitted to being suicidal and needing to be detoxed from smoking crack. The woman was transported to St. Francis hospital.
• Random acts of vandalism: At 9:05 a.m. March 10 in the 29000 block of Pacific Highway South, unknown suspects threw a rock through a salon's glass entry door. According to the report, the cost of the damage to the door was approximately $700.
• Random acts of stealing: At 2:10 p.m. March 8 in the 1600 block of South 333rd Street, the victim reported that their chained and padlocked outdoor generator had been stolen by unknown suspects.
• More shots fired: At 10:12 a.m. March 9 in the 30000 block of 2nd Avenue SW, a number of witnesses reported hearing shots fired. According to the report, police discovered shell casings at the scene, but did not find any suspects, nor were there any apparent victims.
• Someone goes Hulk Smash on man's car: At 11:09 a.m. March 9 in the 32000 block of 32nd Avenue SW, a man reported that the driver and passenger side windows along with the rear window of his vehicle had been smashed out. According to the report, the man suspected he knew who was responsible, but could not provide any evidence to prove his suspicion. The report notes the man was uncooperative in wanting to press charges, and only wanted the incident documented.
• Laptop used in assault: At 12:21 p.m. March 9 in the 30000 block of 3rd Place South, a man and a woman got into an argument. According to the report, the argument escalated, at which point the woman assaulted the man with a laptop computer. The report notes the woman was arrested for assault.