- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Thou shalt not steal church van | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Thieves try to steal church van: At 1:24 p.m. March 3 in the 30000 block of Pacific Highway South, unknown suspects broke into a church van in an attempt to steal it. According to the report, the suspects were unsuccessful, and damaged the van's ignition system. However, they did steal the passenger-side visor. The report also notes that three sets of usable fingerprints, likely of the suspects, were found on the vehicle.
• Car stolen at Applebee's: At 1:19 a.m. March 3 in the 1800 block of South 320th Street, the victim's car was stolen while parked in the Applebee's parking lot. The report notes there are no suspects at this time.
• Woman's bad boyfriend: At 6:12 a.m. March 3 in the 28000 block of 25th Place South, a woman reported her boyfriend had lent her car to an unknown woman without her permission. During the interview with the woman, police noticed a visible bruise on her arm. When asked, the woman admitted the boyfriend had left the bruise during a previous argument.
• Auto shop gets hit big time: At 8:13 a.m. March 2 in the 33000 block of Pacific Highway South, the victim reported they had received a voicemail from an ex-employee saying the victim's auto repair shop had been broken into. According to the report, more than $11,000 in tools were stolen, along with a vehicle that was in the shop. According to the report, the stolen vehicle was recovered.
• People steal the weirdest stuff: At 10:01 a.m. March 3 in the 100 block of South 339th Street, the victim reported that approximately $1,000 in sporting goods had been stolen out of his vehicle. According to the report, there were no signs of forced entry on the vehicle, although the victim insisted the vehicle was secure.
• More from the "weird stuff to steal" file: At 1:32 p.m. March 3 in the 33000 block of Pacific Highway South, police discovered a man attempting to steal an air-conditioning unit from a vacant office building. The man was uncooperative at first, but ultimately admitted to the attempted theft.
• Pool players' cues stolen: At 2:42 p.m. March 3 in the 100 block of SW Campus Drive, unknown suspects broke into the victim's car and stole approximately $2,500 worth of high-end pool cues.
• Burglars hit jackpot: At 2:57 p.m. March 3 in the 36000 block of 6th Avenue South, unknown suspects broke into the victim's home and stole more than $15,000 in jewelry, home electronics and personal effects.
• No contact means no contact: At 6:28 p.m. March 3 in the 32000 block of 20th Lane SW, a man was spotted within 250 feet of the residence of a woman who has a no-contact order against him. According to the report, the man left two notes on the woman's door.
• Women get in fight: At 10:45 p.m. March 3 in the 31000 block of 28th Avenue South, two females were in a fight, resulting in both being scratched by the other. The report notes that both were uncooperative, and neither was willing to file charges against the other.