- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Cops catch mail thief | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Mail thief caught in the act: On Feb. 18, at an unlisted time, in the 30000 block of 8th Place South, police observed a suspicious vehicle near a mailbox cluster. Police made contact, and discovered stolen mail and drug paraphernalia in the vehicle.
• Man sleeps at Arby's: At 10:41 a.m. Feb. 18 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, Arby's employees contacted police about an unknown man sleeping in their store. Police found the man barely responsive and heavily slurring his speech. The report notes it's believed the man was under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
• Family brawl: At 10:54 a.m. Feb. 18 in the 35000 block of 16th Avenue South, a family dispute between a 15-year-old boy, his 18-year-old brother and the boys' mother erupted. According to the report, all three had visible injuries, although the report notes the 15-year-old was the aggressor in the fight. The report notes that charges against the mother and older brother were being forwarded to the prosecutor's office.
• Daughter calls cops on drunk mother: At 4:58 p.m. Feb. 18 in the 29000 block of 4th Avenue SW, a woman's adult daughter contacted police to inform them that her mother had shown up drunk at her residence. According to police, the daughter also reported the mother had been driving. The mother was found to have two active warrants and was arrested.
• Man receives strange phone calls: At 9:21 p.m. Feb. 18 in the 2700 block of SW 349th Place, a man reported receiving two phone calls of a harassing nature from an unknown caller. In the first call, the unknown caller accused the man of a hit-and-run, while in the second call, the same unknown caller accused the man of sleeping with his wife.
• Walk drunk through a neighborhood, get busted on a warrant: At 11:54 p.m. Feb. 18 in the 500 block of South 330th Place, police were contacted about two people walking intoxicated through a neighborhood. Upon contact, police discovered one of the suspects had an active $10,000 warrant. That suspect was arrested.
• Man tased: At 3:43 a.m. Feb. 17 on northbound I-5, the Washington State Patrol contacted police for assistance with an occupied stolen vehicle. According to the report, upon arrival, the suspect resisted arrest, at which point he was tased by police.
• Even the wipers: At 11:33 a.m. Feb. 17 in the 29000 block of 18th Avenue South, unknown suspects broke into the victim's car and stole a custom instrument gauge cluster. The report notes the thieves also stole the victim's windshield wipers.
• Vending machine heist: At 6:41 p.m. Feb. 17 in the 1900 block of South Commons, an unknown suspect broke into an outdoor vending machine and stole an unknown amount of coins.
• Meth makes you do funny things: At 12:55 p.m. Feb. 17 in the 1800 block of South Commons, a suspect twice attempted to gain entry into a restricted employees-only room in a store. According to the report, on the second attempt, the suspect was caught and detained. The report notes methamphetamine paraphernalia, along with stolen credit cards, were discovered on the suspect.