Strange man found in road | Federal Way crime blotter
January 2, 2013 · 2:28 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Strange man found in road: At 2:40 a.m. Jan. 1 in the 29000 block of Pacific Highway South, police observed a man who had passed out in the road. Police approached the man, at which point the man got up, ran farther into the road, fell down, and passed out again. According to the report, the man claimed he had been shot, beaten, and hit with a car earlier in the evening in Seattle. The report notes the man showed no signs of any such injuries. Police determined the man was a danger to himself and others, and had him involuntarily committed.
• Lewd conduct investigation leads to arrest: At 10:28 a.m. Jan. 1 in the 29000 block of 19th Avenue South, police responded to a call regarding a woman and lewd conduct. Police located the woman and discovered she had an active warrant out of Kent. The woman was transferred to Kent police without incident.
• Son likes to wander when he's drunk: At 1:24 p.m. Jan. 1 in the 30000 block of 8th Avenue SW, a woman reported that her adult son had been at a house party and left for an unknown destination. The mother had been unable to contact her son since he had gone to the party. According to the report, the man had done his disappearing act previously after getting drunk at a party.
• Apartment burglary: At 10:41 p.m. Jan. 1 in the 900 block of SW Campus Drive, unknown suspects burglarized a victim's apartment and stole a TV, a computer and $600 in jewelry.
• Professional identity thief: At 10:17 a.m. Dec. 28 in the 34000 block of 16th Avenue South, an unknown suspect used the victim's identity and financial information to purchase approximately $1,600 in rims and tires from an auto shop. The suspect also tried to open an account with the auto shop using the victim's information. A shop employee reported that the suspect had a realistic looking ID that had the victim's name on it.
• Abandoned vehicle: At 10:42 a.m. Dec. 30 in the 30000 block of 7th Avenue SW, neighbors reported an abandoned vehicle had been parked in their neighborhood for approximately a month. According to the report, the registered owner of the vehicle is deceased.
• More smashed car windows: At 10:51 a.m. Dec. 30 in the 34000 block of 28th Avenue SW, unknown suspects broke the left driver's side window of the victim's vehicle. According to the report, there were no signs that entry was made into the vehicle, and nothing of value was taken.
• Random bag of weed found: At 11:22 a.m. Dec. 30 in the 31000 block of 19th Place SW, managers at a property reported finding a bag of what appeared to be marijuana on the property. The bag was given over to police, who booked it into evidence for disposal.
• They really wanted that cool new gadget: At 3:04 p.m. Dec. 29 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, a store employee reported that a tablet device, which was being used as a display model, had been stolen. According to the report, the unknown suspect pried the front part of the tablet off the display, leaving behind the backplate of the device.
• Man thinks people are in house with him: At 5:19 p.m. Dec. 30 in the 2600 block of South 288th Street, a man reported that there were unknown individuals in his home with him, hiding. Police checked the man's residence and found no one else in the residence. The report notes that police believed the man likely has mental health issues.