Christmas shopping turns nasty in parking lot | Federal Way crime blotter
December 26, 2012 · Updated 10:56 AM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Shoppers forget Christmas spirit?: On December 22, at 6:30 p.m., in the 2100 block of S 320th St, two women got into an argument over a parking spot. According to the report, one of the women made veiled threats about damaging the other woman's vehicle. That woman reported the issue to police to insure there was a record of the incident, the report notes.
• Fireworks in the mailbox: On December 23, at 3:07 a.m., in the 5200 block of SW 326th St, the victim reported their mailbox had been damaged. According to the report, it appeared unknown suspects had lit and placed fireworks inside of the victim's mailbox. The report notes the victim had experienced this before many years ago.
• Mail thieves: On December 23, at 5:27 a.m., in the 500 block of SW 317th Pl, a number of pieces of the victim's mail was discovered on the side of a road. According to the report, the mail had been opened and then apparently discard by unknown suspects. Police returned the mail to the victims.
• Burglarizing for drugs: On December 23, at 3:46 a.m., in the 1700 block of SW 308th Pl, the victim's home was burglarized. According to the report, it appears the intent of the burglary was to steal three prescription medications from the victim.
• Hood-ornament thief: On December 23, at 2:29 p.m., in the 31000 block of 1st Ave S, the "badge" on the victim's Mercedes Benz was stolen by unknown suspects.
• Vehicle prowler or just a jerk?: On December 23, at 8:00 p.m., in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway S, the victim's front window of their vehicle was busted out by unknown suspects. According to the report, it did not appear to be a vehicle prowl, as the victim's wallet, which was inside the vehicle at the time, was left untouched by the unknown suspects.
• Store security guards evoke a reaction: On December 23, at 8:12 p.m., in the 33000 block of 21st Ave SW, in-store loss prevention officers were following/monitoring the suspect on suspicion of shoplifting. The suspect became aware of their attention, became angry, and brandished a pistol at the officers.
• Another smashed car window, but no theft: On December 22, at 12:15 a.m., in the 29000 block of 18th Ave S, the victim's driver side window was smashed out by unknown suspects. According to the report, nothing appeared to have been stolen from the vehicle.
• Eerie parking lot scene: On December 22, at 4:24 a.m., in the 2100 block of S 320th St, witnesses reported seeing a man repeatedly striking a woman in a parking lot. According to the report, the witnesses were unable to identify either party, or any vehicles they may have used. The report notes that witnesses did hear the woman telling the man that she "had two babies with him".
• Drive thru rage?: On December 22, at 7:08 a.m., in the 2400 block of SW 336th St, the victim reported the suspect was yelling obscenities at him while they both waited in their vehicles in a drive-thru lane. According to the report, at one point, the suspect put his vehicle in reverse and attempted to ram to the victim's vehicle. The report notes that the victim did not know the suspect and had done nothing to incite the suspect's behavior.