- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Drunk man drives drunk minors | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Drunk driver was driving home drunk minors: At 1:26 a.m. Dec. 16 in the 34000 block of Pacific Highway South, police pulled over a vehicle that was driving "erratically." The driver was arrested for DUI, and it was also discovered that three of his four passengers, all under the age of 21, were also drunk. The report noted the minors would be cited by mail.
• Unconscious and toothless outside of a bar: At 2:07 a.m. Dec. 16 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, a man was found outside of a bar unconscious and missing teeth. Police and fire personnel revived the man at the scene. According to the report, the man was uncooperative and went home with friends who were also at the bar.
• When trying to sleep it off goes wrong: At 6:20 a.m. Dec. 16 in the 2500 block of South 320th Street, police discovered a man sleeping in his vehicle. Police determined the man was drunk after the man submitted to tests that showed his blood alcohol level to be .157. The man was arrested for "control of a motor vehicle under the influence."
• Pickpockets strike again: At 2:37 p.m. Dec. 16 in the 1900 block of South 320th Street, a woman had her iPad and iPhone stolen from her purse while she shopped in a store. According to the report, the suspect was able to be positively identified because the victim was able to get a full license plate when the suspect fled.
• Meth head leaves the goods behind: At 4:50 p.m. Dec. 16 in the 35000 block of 21st Avenue SW, a store employee reported finding a baggie of a white, crystalline substance left near the store's cash register. Police tested the substance, and found it to be methamphetamine. The baggie was taken into evidence by police for later disposal.
• Sister harassed by her brother: At 6:02 p.m. Dec. 16 at an undisclosed address in Federal Way, a woman reported that her brother had been sending picture messages of his genitals to her. The report notes the woman planned on filing a restraining order against her brother.
• Grand theft…cart?: At 8:56 a.m. Dec. 15 in the 900 block of SW Campus Drive, two men were arrested for the theft of a golf cart and a number of other items.
• Expensive bike stolen: At 1 p.m. Dec. 15 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, the victim reported his bike, estimated at $4,100, had been stolen while the victim shopped inside Best Buy. The report notes the victim had locked the bike to a post before entering the store. After coming out of the store, the victim found only his helmet had been left by the thieves.
• Shoplifter tries an old trick: At 6:21 p.m. Dec. 15 in the 32000 block of Pacific Highway South, a man attempted to steal several items of clothing by putting them on under his clothes.
• Long-term vehicle prowl: At 8:39 a.m. Dec. 14 in the 3000 block of South 288th Street, the reporting party indicated that more than $8,000 of stereo equipment had been stolen from their vehicle over the course of two weeks. The report notes that the owner admitted the vehicle had been left unlocked.