Cops inspect suspicious panties | Federal Way crime blotter
December 13, 2012 · Updated 3:46 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Rocky underwear: At 9:40 a.m. Dec. 8 in the 2600 block of SW 320th Place, the reporting party indicated they had found a pair of women's underwear with rocks rolled up in them near their driveway. Police inspected the underwear and determined there was nothing further to be done and disposed of the underwear.
• Tis the season: At 12:43 a.m. Dec. 9 in the 900 block of SW Campus Drive, a woman reported her apartment had been burglarized. According to the report, more than $1,100 in personal electronics were stolen. The report notes that unknown suspects gained entry by smashing out the victim's rear glass door.
• Facebook trouble: At 1:07 a.m. Dec. 9 in the 32000 block of Military Road South, a woman reported that an unknown suspect had attempted to extort indecent pictures of her, using Facebook as the vehicle to attempt to extort her.
• You're doing it wrong: At 2:01 a.m. Dec. 9 in the 37000 block of 8th Avenue South, a man went to a woman friend's house in an attempt to have sex with her. According to the report, the man had offered to pay her money initially, but had decided to try and convince her to have sex with him for free once he arrived at her place. At that time, two unknown men showed up and began to intimidate the man. The man took the two unknown men to an ATM and handed over $300. The report is unclear on whether the man ever got to have sex with the woman.
• Try and help a friend, end up in jail: At 6:54 a.m. Dec. 9 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, police came upon a suspicious vehicle and made contact with the occupants of the vehicle. According to the report, the driver of the vehicle was driving on a suspended license. His female passenger offered to drive the car home, but when police ran a check on her, she came back with an active felony warrant. The woman was also arrested, and was transported to the SCORE jail.
• Drunk man at library: At 11:15 a.m. Dec. 9 in the 34000 block of 1st Way South, police responded to a call of a disorderly man at the library. According to the report, police noticed a strong smell of alcohol on the man's breath when they made contact with him. Police ran a check on the man, and the man had an active warrant from Kent. The man was arrested and transferred to Kent police without incident.
• Strange vehicle prowl: At 12:36 a.m. Dec. 9 in the 2100 South 336th Street, a woman reported that unknown suspects stole the front and rear license plates on her vehicle.
• Help for a friend backfires: At 2:37 p.m. Dec. 9 in the 2500 block of South 273rd Street, a man reported that his vehicle had been stolen by unknown suspects. According to the report, the victim had loaned it to another man, and the vehicle was stolen from the parking lot of the second man's apartment complex.
• Drunk man causes fender bender: At 6:06 p.m. Dec. 9 in the 33000 block of 21st Avenue SW, a man rear-ended another vehicle, causing damage to that vehicle. According to the report, the suspect was highly intoxicated, with a blood alcohol content level of .233.
• Smashed vehicle window: At 8:22 p.m. Dec. 9 in the 1100 block of SW 334th Place, an unknown suspect smashed a window in the victim's vehicle. According to the report, witnesses saw the suspect look into the interior of the vehicle, but the suspect ultimately did not take anything from the vehicle. The report notes that damage to the vehicle was estimated at $200.