Federal Way Mirror seeks applicants for editorial board
By RUDI ALCOTT
Federal Way Mirror Publisher
December 9, 2012 · Updated 12:33 PM
In March 2011, The Mirror formed the editorial board with the purpose of bringing together community members of the greater Federal Way area to address important issues.
The board has written a number of editorials, discussed hot topics, endorsed campaigns and addressed specific referendums. The board consists of five community members along with the editor and publisher of The Mirror.
Three of these inaugural positions are due to expire in March 2013. Should you want to be considered for a seat for one of these openings, please email email@example.com with a short statement as to why you want to be involved and why you should be selected.
Before applying for this position, please consider the following:
• Board members will represent a range of backgrounds, both political and socioeconomic.
• You must be keenly aware of the issues in Federal Way.
• You must be open-minded and have the ability to listen and discuss multiple points of view.
• Your name will be printed in the masthead of the editorial pages of The Mirror. This could lead to public criticism and complaints.
• You are asked to commit to a two-year term, and attend meetings twice per month at 4 p.m. Tuesdays.
This is a non-paid volunteer position. This commitment will begin in March 2013. Statements are due by Dec. 28, 2012.
Contact Federal Way Mirror Publisher Rudi Alcott at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-253-925-5565 (ext 1050).