- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Man slaps woman, flees police | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Domestic violence and DUI: At 6:49 p.m. Dec. 2 in the 31000 block of 8th Avenue South, a man got into an argument with a woman and slapped her. The man left the area, but was located by police even after the suspect took evasive measures to avoid police. When police detained him, the report notes that a number of empty beer cans fell out of the man's vehicle when he was taken into custody from his vehicle.
• Get in a fight, get busted for a warrant: At 2:53 a.m. Dec. 2 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, police responded to reports of a fight in a parking lot of an apartment complex. One of the individuals police contacted in their investigation was found to have a warrant out of Tukwila for a DUI, and was promptly arrested and transferred to the Tukwila Police Department.
• Vehicle prowlers: At 2:18 p.m. Dec. 2 in the 2200 block of South Commons, witnesses reported seeing a vehicle drive up next to another vehicle. At that time, a man got out of the vehicle and smashed out the driver side window of the parked vehicle. The man stole a number of items from inside the victim's vehicle. The report notes the suspect's vehicle was also involved in another vehicle prowl at Popeye's Chicken later in the day.
• We don't need no education?: At 4:17 p.m. Dec. 2 in the 4400 block of SW 320th Street, witnesses reported seeing an individual throwing a rock at the gym doors of Twin Lake Elementary.
• Care home resident gets violent: At 5:51 p.m. Dec. 2 in the 1000 block of South 308th Street, a woman with severe dementia punched a staff member of her care facility in the arm.
• Big haul on electronics for burglar: At 9:08 p.m. Dec. 2 in the 2400 block of South 273rd Place, the victim reported that their home had been burglarized by unknown suspects. The burglars took two tablet devices, along with two laptop computers and $400 in assorted jewelry. The report noted that it appeared the suspects had gained entry by punching out the victim's door lock.
• Jewelry stolen from home: At 10:40 p.m. Nov. 30 in the 34000 block of 14th Way SW, the victim reported their home had been broken into and approximately $1,200 in jewelry was stolen.
• Brother beats up sister: On Dec. 1 at an undisclosed time in the 32000 block of 22nd Avenue South, a brother was arrested for repeatedly punching his sister in the face. The report notes the two are roommates.
• Violent woman arrested: At 4:53 a.m. Dec. 1 in the 1900 block of SW Campus Drive, a woman was arrested for pushing, biting and punching another woman in the face.
• Strange assault: At 12:30 p.m. Dec. 1 in the 100 block of South 336th Street, a woman reported that an unknown suspect had grabbed her crotch area while she walked down the hallway of a healthcare facility.