- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Mom tries to scare son straight, ends up with court date | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Mom ends up with court date: At 10:23 p.m. Nov. 18 in the 31000 block of 20th Avenue South, a mother contacted police so they would come and have a talk with her son about using drugs. The police complied and talked with the son. The report notes the mother had a warrant out for driving with a suspended license. She was given a new court date for that offense after signing a promise to appear form.
• Shots fired: At 12:27 a.m. Nov. 18 in the 30000 block of 8th Avenue South, witnesses reported seeing a man discharging a firearm into the air several times. According to the report, there were no shell casings located on the scene, and the suspect was not located.
• Boyfriend and girlfriend have wild stories: At 5:30 p.m. Nov. 16 in an undisclosed location in Federal Way, a woman contacted police, saying her boyfriend was holding her against her will and forcibly raping her. The boyfriend denied the claims, and said he gives the woman money for drugs, and she repays him with sex. The boyfriend also indicated the woman is free to go at any time she likes.
• Compliant would-be thief: At 12:23 p.m. Nov. 18 in the 2900 block of SW 330th Street, the suspect attempted to steal approximately $110 of alcohol from a store. Loss prevention officers observed the suspect, and apprehended him before he could leave the store. According to the report, the suspect handed over the alcohol and readily admitted his guilt once he was stopped.
• Serial shoplifter stopped: At 2:24 p.m. Nov. 18 in the 2200 block of South Commons, a female suspect attempted to steal approximately $306 in merchandise from Target. Loss prevention officers observed her and stopped her. The suspect admitted that she's probably stolen about $900 in merchandise from regional Target stores recently, the report notes.
• Computer's trail goes cold: At 5:35 p.m. Nov. 18 in the 35000 block of Enchanted Parkway South, the victim had tracked their stolen laptop computer to Lowe's. According to the report, the victim and police were unable to re-acquire the computer because the unknown suspect shut it off, disabling the victim's ability to track to the machine.
• Tool theft: At 9:42 a.m. Nov. 16 in the 2100 block of SW 352nd Street, unknown suspects broke into the victim's company vehicle and stole approximately $1,500 in tools from the vehicle.
• Garage theft: At 2:52 p.m. Nov. 16 in the 30000 block of 8th Avenue SW, the victim reported that unknown suspects broke into their detached garage and stole approximately $1,100 in items.
• Store clerk #1 busted: At 9:39 p.m. Nov. 16 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, a store clerk was cited for selling liquor to a minor.
• Store clerk #2 busted: At 10:43 p.m. Nov. 16 in the 4600 block of SW 320th Street, another store clerk was cited for selling liquor to a minor.