Road rage driver fires 3 shots | Federal Way crime blotter
October 29, 2012 · Updated 4:00 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Road rage incident: At 2:47 a.m. Oct. 27 in the 2600 block of SW 320th Street, a man contacted police and reported that another man had fired three shots at him after a road rage incident. According to the report, police were unable to locate a suspect or find anything of evidentiary value.
• Man outside of gas station has strange tale: On October 27, At 6:41 a.m. Oct. 27 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, employees of a gas station contacted police regarding a distraught man outside of the gas station. According to the report, upon contact, responding officers noted the smell of intoxicants on the man. The man told police he needed help in committing his mother, whom he believed had murdered his uncle in front of him when he was 3 years old.
• Email scam nabs another: At 8:52 a.m. Oct. 27 in the 27000 block of 21st Place South, the victim reported they had fallen prey to an email check fraud scam. According to the report, the victim received a fraudulent check from what appeared to be a legitimate business. Part of the deal involved the victim wire transferring an amount of money back to the "business." The report notes the victim was scammed out of nearly $3,900.
• Mom and teen son argue over smokes: At 11:21 a.m. Oct. 27 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, a mom and her teen son were having an argument. According to the report, the argument was over the son stealing his mother's cigarettes.
• Tools stolen: At 12:29 p.m. Oct. 27 in the 1700 block of SW 347th Place, the victim reported that three yard care tools were stolen from the side of their residence.
• Father tries to stab son: At 2:30 p.m. Oct. 27 in the 30000 block of 22nd Avenue South, a father got into an argument with his two adult sons. According to the report, during the course of the argument, he threatened and attempted to stab one of his sons. The man was arrested and booked into King County jail.
• Sears shoplifter: At 12:27 p.m. Oct. 28 in the 1700 block of South Commons, a suspect stole approximately $178 in merchandise from Sears.
• Expensive haul for home burglar: At 12:22 p.m. Oct. 28 in the 32000 block of 43rd Place SW, an unknown suspect gained entry to the victim's home through the front door. The suspect was able to steal approximately $3,000 in home electronics.
• Hotel irritant arrested: At 5:55 p.m. Oct. 28 in the 32000 block of Military Road South, a suspect was arrested in the lobby of a hotel for yelling profanity and racial slurs. According to the report, police asked the suspect to leave, but the suspect did not comply.
• Attempted gas siphoning: At 10:08 p.m. Oct. 28 in the 30000 block of 15th Court South, a resident contacted police after spotting a gas can with a hose in it near their vehicle. According to the report, it appeared the unknown suspects did not siphon any gas from the reporting party's vehicle.