- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Teen wins argument over drugs | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Teen gets the ultimate 'I told you so' over mom: At 6:43 p.m. Oct. 14 in the 30000 block of 22nd Avenue South, a mother and her teenage son were arguing, with the mother accusing the son of having drugs in the house. The son responded by contacting police and requesting a K-9 unit to come search the house for drugs. Police complied, and no drugs were found in the residence.
• Attends a party, gets assaulted: At 1:01 a.m. Oct. 14 in the 700 block of South 356th Street, a man was attending a party when he was assaulted by an unknown group of individuals. The man may have been hit with a glass bottle at some point in the altercation, due to a large laceration discovered on his head. According to the report, the man was treated for a concussion and was unable to identify any of his potential attackers.
• Sexual assault: At 6:27 a.m. Oct. 14 at an undisclosed location in Federal Way, a grandmother contacted police regarding her granddaughter. According to the report, the grandmother found her teenage granddaughter asleep in a treehouse with two teen boys and another teen girl. The granddaughter indicated that at some point, she was forcibly raped by a 14-year-old male. The report is unclear whether the aforementioned teen boys were being considered suspects.
• Possible child porn found on computer: At 12:07 p.m. Oct. 14 in the 1400 block of South 348th Street, an employee notified police that he may have found child pornography on a co-worker's computer. According to the report, the reporting party was transferring data from the co-worker's old computer to a new computer. During the data transfer, the reporting party discovered the possible child porn.
• Been caught stealing: At 2:38 p.m. Oct. 14 in the 1900 block of South Commons, two minors attempted to steal approximately $39 in merchandise from Macy's, but were stopped by loss prevention officers. According to the report, one of the minors also had a flask of alcohol on them at the time of the arrest.
• Child molestation: At 5:48 p.m. Oct. 14 at an undisclosed location in Federal Way, a woman called to report that her husband's mother's boyfriend had been sexually molesting her four-year-old daughter. According to the report, the woman learned of the molestation when her daughter complained of vaginal pain, and explained that the boyfriend would touch her in that area when he was around. The four-year-old also indicated that the suspect had molested another four-year-old child who lived in the residence.
• Tools stolen: At 5:11 p.m. Oct. 14 in the 4000 block of SW 321st Street, a man reported that approximately $877 in tools had been stolen from his residence. The man said he believed his son may be responsible for the theft, but could not provide any evidence to substantiate his claim. The victim believed his son might have been responsible because the son has addiction issues.
• Gotta have a mixer: At 4:34 p.m. Oct. 13 in the 2100 block of SW 336th Street, a woman was arrested for attempting to steal a bottle of liquor and a mixer to go with the alcohol.
• Credit card fraudster gets away with one purchase: At 7:18 p.m. Oct. 12 in the 1700 block of South Commons, an unidentified woman was using a man's credit card to attempt to make purchases at Sears. According to the report, the woman successfully made a purchase of approximately $185. She then attempted to make a purchase of approximately $900, but was denied.
• Fun car ride home with mom: At 9:52 p.m. Oct. 13 in the 1200 block of South 320th Street, a teen male attempted to steal a bottle of liquor when he was spotted and apprehended by loss prevention officers. According to the report, the teen was released to his mother after the episode.