- About Us
Assault with a toothbrush holder | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Toothbrush holder assault: At 1:08 a.m. Sept. 23 in the 33000 block of 10th Avenue SW, a woman assaulted a man with a toothbrush holder. The man received a bump to the head and experienced bleeding as a result of the assault.
• Crying woman arrested: At 8:48 a.m. Sept. 23 in the 33000 block of Pacific Highway South, police responded to reports of a woman crying and acting hysterical. According to the report, the woman was located and found to have an active warrant out of Des Moines. The woman was arrested, at which point, a substance that appeared to be black tar heroin, along with a number of syringes, were discovered on her person.
• Weird vehicle prowl: At 10:57 a.m. Sept. 23 in the 100 block of SW Campus Drive, the victim reported that their convertible vehicle had been broken into, with access made through the soft top cover for the vehicle. The unknown suspects stole the driver and passenger seats out of the vehicle.
• That's a lot of gas: At 8:22 a.m. Sept. 22 in the 34000 block of Pacific Highway South, an unknown suspect entered a secure business facility and siphoned approximately $800 worth of gas from three different vehicles. The report notes that it appeared entry was made by cutting through the security fence that surrounds the property.
• Dine 'n' dash: At 11:51 a.m. Sept. 22 in the 34000 block of 16th Avenue South, a man walked out on a $55 bill at Denny's. Witnesses saw the man leave in his vehicle, and were able to record his license plate number. The man was later located at his residence, where he admitted to his crime.
• Costly temper tantrum: At 4:21 p.m. Sept. 21 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, the suspect "threw a temper tantrum," according to the report, and damaged approximately $1,000 worth of goods in the store.
• Federal Way hacker: At 8:57 a.m. Sept. 20, a man who resides in California contacted Federal Way police regarding $18,000 that had been transferred from his account to another man's account, with the second man being a Federal Way resident.
• Costly mistake: At 10:37 a.m. Sept. 20 in the 31000 block of 36th Avenue SW, a man's daughter left their garage door open for a short time. Unknown suspects walked into the garage and stole approximately $3,700 worth of belongings.
• Straight forward approach to home burglary: At 2:03 p.m. Sept. 20 in the 35000 block of 16th Avenue South, a woman reported that an unknown suspect had kicked in her front door and stole her laptop and flatscreen TV.
• Heavy haul: At 2:49 p.m. Sept. 20 in the 31000 block of 53rd Avenue South, the victim reported that the outboard motor for their boat had been stolen by unknown suspects.