Wheelchair-bound residents fight at care home | Federal Way crime blotter
September 18, 2012 · 2:28 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Care home residents fight: At 4:54 p.m. Sept. 17 in the 32000 block of 1st Avenue South, two wheelchair-bound residents at a care home were involved in a physical altercation. According to the report, the aggressor in the altercation was warned about assaulting other residents. No arrests were made, but the report notes the care facility is required to contact police when any incident like this occurs.
• No honey, you can't have drugs and alcohol tonight: At 1:37 p.m. Sept. 17 in the 31000 block of 8th Avenue South, the reporting party was involved in an argument with her husband. According to the report, the argument stemmed from the fact that she was refusing to buy her husband alcohol and/or drugs. The woman indicated her husband pushed her after she refused.
• Hey man, nice shot: At 2:03 p.m. Sept. 17 in the 800 block of South 320th Street, a resident notified police of a coyote roaming the area. According to the report, the responding officer dispatched the animal with a single shot.
• Double trouble: At 5:01 p.m. Sept. 17 in the 34000 block of 16th Avenue South, two sisters were arrested for attempting to steal hundreds of dollars worth of diapers. According to the report, both sisters had active warrants from other jurisdictions, and were handed over to those jurisdictions.
• Medical marijuana card can't save man's pot: At 12:36 a.m. Sept. 16 in the 2100 block of SW 326th Street, police pulled over a vehicle. According to the report, the responding officer noticed a strong odor of marijuana emanating from the vehicle. The driver admitted there was approximately three grams of marijuana in his girlfriend's purse, and that he had a medical marijuana patient card. The report notes the driver did not have his medical marijuana card with him. The responding officer took possession of the man's marijuana without incident.
• Peeing in the street: At 1:04 a.m. Sept. 16 in the 6200 block of Southcenter Boulevard, Seattle police arrested a man for urinating in public. According to the report, the man had an active warrant out of Federal Way, and was transferred over to Federal Way police after his arrest for the public urination.
• Facebook complicates relationship: At 1:06 p.m. Sept. 16 in the 2100 block of SW 352nd Street, a man and a woman, who are in a relationship, got into a verbal argument. According to the report, the argument stemmed from the man's displeasure at the woman for recently communicating with an old guy friend on Facebook.
• Stroller heist fails: At 1:40 p.m. Sept. 16 in the 2200 block of South Commons, a woman attempted to steal a stroller from Target but was interrupted by loss prevention officers. The woman fled the area in a vehicle, and the stroller was recovered by the loss prevention officers.
• Never hand over your iPhone: At 3:19 p.m. Sept. 16 in the 2100 block of SW 338th Street, a man handed over his iPhone to an acquaintance of a few weeks, at the acquaintance's request. After getting the iPhone from the victim, the acquaintance fled the area in a vehicle.
• Burglary nets large haul in silver coins: At 7:03 p.m. Sept. 16 in the 34000 block of 30th Avenue SW, the victim's home was burglarized and approximately $5,900 in silver coins were stolen by the unknown suspects.