- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Public invited to city budget forums
Mirror staff reports:
At 6:30 p.m. Sept. 27, Federal Way residents are invited to a town hall style meeting in the council chambers in City Hall to give their input on how the city should manage its money for the next two years.
A number of other presentations will be provided to local groups and organizations, and are as follows:
• Sept. 11: 7:30 to 8 a.m. at the Denny's restaurant on South 320th Street. This meeting is being held for the Kiwanis Club.
• Oct. 11: A presentation will be given to the Federal Way Rotary Club at noon at the Twin Lakes Golf and Country Club.
Any groups who would be interested in a presentation may contact the mayor's office at (253) 835-2402.
The rest of the budgetary timeline is as follows:
• Oct. 2: Mayor Skip Priest will present his proposed budget to the council
• Oct. 24 and 25: Council will have two study sessions where they hear presentations from city departments
• Nov. 6: Budget presentations from remaining departments, first public hearing for the budget
• Nov. 20: Final public hearing for the 2013-14 biennial budget, and introduction of ordinances for the 2013-14 budget and property tax levy
• Dec. 4: Enactment of the budget and property tax ordinances by the council