Thieves shop for school clothes | Federal Way crime blotter
September 4, 2012 · 3:33 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Back-to-school shopping gone wrong: At 5:07 p.m. Sept. 2 in the 2200 block of South Commons, two juveniles were taken into custody for stealing from Target. According to the report, upon being detained, it was discovered that the duo had stolen merchandise from two other stores. The report notes the suspects said they were stealing the merchandise for "back-to-school" clothing.
• Man beat up by strange man in living room: At 12:12 a.m. Sept. 3 in the 2500 block of South 316th Lane, a man was assaulted by an unknown man he discovered in his living room. According to the report, the unknown man, along with three female associates, fled the scene after the assault.
• Father worried daughter is caught up in sex trade: At 9:52 a.m. Sept. 3 from an undisclosed location in Federal Way, a father contacted police regarding his concerns over his daughter's possible involvement in the sex trade. According to the report, a records check of the daughter showed she is currently incarcerated.
• Hotel heist: At 11:35 a.m. Sept. 3 in the 31000 block of Gateway Center Blvd., staff at a hotel contacted police regarding theft from one of the rooms. According to the report, staff believed the most recent guest of the room had stolen a TV and some towels, valued at $550.
• Trusting the banks: At 5:56 p.m. Sept. 3 in the 32000 block of 19th Avenue SW, the victim reported that $30,000 in cash had been stolen from them.
• Don't pass out in the road: At 3:29 a.m. Sept. 2 in the 28000 block of Pacific Highway South, a man was discovered lying in the roadway. According to the report, a background check returned an active Des Moines warrant for the man. The man was arrested and transported to the SCORE jail facility.
• Violent ex-boyfriend: At 3:41 p.m. Sept. 2 in the 1100 block of SW 350th Place, a man physically assaulted his ex-girlfriend. According to the report, after the assault, the man then forwarded nude picture messages from the ex-girlfriend to another woman.
• Menacing text messages: At 3:41 p.m. Sept. 2 in the 32000 block of 45th Place SW, a man received a number of threatening text messages from a number unknown to him. According to the report, one of the texts threatened to "Stick my Glock 19 in your mouth."
• Employee misunderstands employee perks: At 9:33 a.m. Sept. 1 in the 34000 block of 16th Avenue South, an employee of a store was reported for repeatedly taking food items from the store and consuming them, without paying for them. According to the report, the employee had been doing this since the beginning of July, and there were at least seven incidents recorded of the employee's behavior. The report notes the employee was terminated, and that the company would be seeking criminal charges.
• Drunk woman blames grandmother for missing wallet: At 12:07 p.m. Sept. 1 in the 28000 block of 25th Place South, a woman contacted police to say she believed her grandmother had taken her wallet and hidden it, in order to keep the woman from going out the rest of the day. The report notes that the woman was intoxicated. Also, according to the report, the grandmother took the responding officer throughout the residence, and was unable to find the wallet. Police believed the intoxicated woman may have misplaced it, and had just forgotten where.