- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Cops arrest door-to-door salesman | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Door-to-door salesman arrested: At 1:11 p.m. Aug. 12 in the 2600 block of South 287th Street, a man who was selling cleaning products door-to-door was contacted by police as he walked his route. According to the report, a name check came back positive for the man for a warrant out of Tacoma. The man was placed under arrest and transported to Tacoma.
• Children discovered in disgusting living conditions: At 11:06 p.m. Aug. 11 in the 31000 block of 28th Avenue South, police discovered two children living in an apartment with no working toilet. The report notes the apartment floors and other surfaces were covered in urine, feces and rotting food. The children were taken by CPS, and their mother was arrested.
• Stoners found at domestic violence scene: At 2:38 a.m. Aug. 12 in the 3000 block of South 288th Street, police responded to reports of a loud argument between a man and a woman. Upon arrival, police discovered no woman was present, but instead found four men passed out in a front room. According to the report, the four men smelled of freshly burnt marijuana.
• House trashed, nothing stolen: At 3:13 p.m. Aug. 12 in the 30000 block of 12th Place SW, the victim came home to find his home had been burglarized. According to the report, the victim's home was ransacked, but nothing appeared to have been stolen.
• Pallet thief: At 11:58 p.m. Aug. 12 in the 1700 block of South 352nd Street, an unknown suspect in a pickup truck stole approximately 35 wooden pallets from Home Depot. According to the report, a witness was able to get the license plate number of the vehicle, but could not identify any individuals associated with the vehicle.
• Sister sells out sister: At 1:35 p.m. Aug. 11 in the 2200 block of South 292nd Street, a woman's sister contacted police to let them know of the sister's whereabouts. According to the report, the sister had an outstanding warrant from Auburn. The sister was arrested without incident.
• Petty theft: At 2:44 p.m. Aug. 11 in the 31000 block of 20th Avenue South, a suspect was arrested for attempting to steal a $17.99 bottle of wine and $5.49 in toiletries.
• Bold thief at victim's pool party: At 3:48 p.m. Aug. 11 in the 200 block of SW 331st Place, the victim was hosting a pool party when an unknown suspect entered the victim's home through the unlocked front door. According to the report, the suspect stole approximately $3,000 in Apple products from the victim.
• The perils of apartment living: At 8:55 p.m. Aug. 11 in the 2100 block of SW 352nd Street, the victim's clothes were taken from a shared apartment dryer. According to the report, the unknown suspect left a note for the victim, indicating the victim's clothes would be returned, as soon as the suspect's clothes were returned. The victim had no idea what the note was referring to, according to the report.
• Locking the front door is a good idea: At 11:21 p.m. Aug. 11 in the 1800 block of SW 324th Street, the victim's front door was left unsecured, and unknown suspects gained entry and took approximately $1,500 in video game equipment.