Mall bans aggressive beggars | Federal Way crime blotter
August 8, 2012 · 10:21 AM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Panhandlers scam mall-goers: At 4:10 p.m. Aug. 7 in the 1700 block of South Commons, two men were trespassed from The Commons mall for five years for aggressive begging. According to the report, the two men were telling mall-goers they needed money for gas for their vehicle. Police inspected their vehicle, and discovered it had a full tank of gas and over $100 in the center console.
• Woman assaulted: At 12:08 a.m. Aug. 7 in the 2200 block of South 308th Street, police responded to a dropped 911 call. According to the report, before the call dropped, the sounds of a man and a woman arguing could be heard. Upon arrival, police discovered that the male had left the scene. The woman was injured and stated the male had assaulted her.
• Wife arrested for slap: At 12:36 a.m. Aug. 7 in the 30000 block of 21st Avenue SW, a man called police, saying his wife had slapped him during an argument. According to the report, the wife was arrested for fourth-degree assault and booked into the SCORE jail facility.
• Mother threatens son with gun: At 2:28 a.m. Aug. 7 in the 1600 block of SW 348th Street, a man called to report that his mother had pointed a gun at him and threatened to shoot him. According to the report, the man fled his residence after the threat and contacted police. The mother was arrested and transported to King County jail.
• Copper wire thieves hit park: At 12 a.m. Aug. 7 in the 1000 block of South 324th Street, unknown suspects forced entry into Celebration Park. After gaining entry, the unknown suspects stole large quantities of copper wire from electrical boxes throughout the park.
• Purse snatcher at Wild Waves: At 12:58 p.m. Aug. 6 at Wild Waves Theme Park, a woman reported that her purse had been stolen. According to the report, the woman had left her purse under a lounge chair near the wave pool. The woman left the purse unattended for less than 10 minutes, but upon returning, discovered it had been stolen.
• Woman stabbed in leg with keys: At 3:38 p.m. Aug. 7 in the 2400 block of South 312th Street, the victim contacted police from an emergency room in a local hospital, saying her child's father had stabbed her in the leg with a set of keys. According to the report, the victim indicated the wound was severe enough to require stitches. When police arrived at the hospital, they discovered the hospital had discharged the victim already. Police attempts at contacting the woman were unsuccessful.
• Cheating boyfriend gets angry: At 5:57 p.m. Aug. 7 in the 2200 block of Star Lake Road, the suspect entered the victim's home and ransacked it, including writing on the walls. According to the report, the suspect had recently admitted to having cheated on the victim. In response, the victim had asked the suspect to move out of their shared residence. The report notes the suspect had become abusive and angry toward the victim after being asked to move out.
• Thief steals TV and video game console: At 8:39 p.m. Aug. 7 in the 32000 block of 20th Lane SW, an unknown suspect entered victim's apartment and stole a Playstation 3 console and the victim's television. According to the report, the value of the items stolen was approximately $1,200.
• Decent liquor haul: At 9:12 p.m. Aug. 7 in the 2100 block of SW 336th Street, two unknown female suspects stole over $200 worth of alcohol from a Rite-Aid store.