Shirtless man chases women | Federal Way crime blotter
July 30, 2012 · 11:18 AM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Shirtless man chases women: At 1:47 p.m. July 14 in the 1800 block of SW 356th Street, police responded to a call of an assault. The report notes that a passerby had seen a shirtless male chasing after two women. The male was detained by police, and the report notes that he was drunk and his pants were unzipped.
• Empty parking lot turns out be a bad idea: At 12:40 a.m. July 17 in the 1800 block of S. 312th Street, a suspect was arrested when patrolling police officers found the suspect smoking marijuana in a parked car. The report notes the suspect had parked in an empty parking lot.
• Wire fraud: At 10:46 a.m. July 16 at the FWPD headquarters, the victim contacted police to inform them of a possible fraud coming out of Federal Way. According to the report, the victim stated he obtained a loan of $1,500 from a company purported to be based in Federal Way. Victim was able to provide an address and phone number to police, both of which turned out to be fake. The report notes the victim paid approximately $400 in an "up-front fee" to obtain the loan, and that they had sent that money through Western Union.
• Business gets strange package: At 11:55 a.m. July 16 in the 29000 block of Pacific Highway South, a manager at a store contacted police about a package that had been sent to the business. According to the report, the package was sent in an envelope with the businesses logo on it. Upon further examination, it was discovered that the package contained an undisclosed amount of marijuana.
• Burglars use strange entry method: At 3:39 a.m. July 16 in the 28000 block of Military Road South, police responded to an alarm at a business. It was determined by police that entry had been made into the business through a shared wall with another business. The report notes there were no suspect leads at this time.
• Purses tossed in dumpster: At 2:38 p.m. July 16 in the 31000 block of 18th Avenue South, the reporting party notified police that a suspicious looking vehicle had pulled up next to a dumpster and that a male had gotten out and tossed two purses into the dumpster. The report notes that broken glass was discovered in both purses.
• Alcohol thief threatens employee: At 11:57 p.m. July 16 in the 28000 block of Military Road South, a shoplifter ran out of a store after stealing two bottles of liquor. According to the report, an employee witnessed the theft and attempted to confront the suspect. At that time, the suspect declared he would shoot the employee.
• Beat up for not much: At 12:28 a.m. July 13 in the 31000 block of 18th Avenue South, the victim was assaulted by three males. The report notes the victim's shoes and $7 were taken from him.
• Suicidal woman: At 11:21 a.m. July 14 in the 36000 block of 3rd Avenue SW, police were called for a suicidal woman who had left her residence and was suspected of having attempted to overdose on sleeping pills. Police attempted to locate her for a number of hours by pinging the woman's phone, but were unsuccessful in their attempts. The woman was discovered by a patrolling officer a few hours later, unconscious in her vehicle. The woman was taken to a local hospital and treated.
• That's a lot of dimes: At 6:08 p.m. July 7 in the 30000 block of 8th Avenue SW, the victim reported that they believed an ex-roommate had stolen $1,600 in dimes from them.