- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Man steals whiskey, yells at people | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Making the police's job easy: At 7:19 a.m. July 18 in the 1200 block of South 320th Street, police responded to a drunken disorderly call. According to the report, a man was out front of a business, yelling at passersby. The man admitted to having stolen a half-gallon of Jack Daniel's from a Safeway earlier in the morning. The suspect was promptly arrested.
• Big haul in home burglary: At 9:50 a.m. July 18 in the 34000 block of 23rd Avenue SW, an unknown suspect broke into a home and stole approximately $4,300 in jewelry.
• Careful who you give your money to: At 11:37 a.m. July 18 in the 300 block of South 320th Street, police responded to a theft call. According to the report, a man had given another man $380 to buy groceries and supplies on July 3. The man who was supposed to buy the supplies has not been seen or heard from since. The report notes the suspect is homeless.
• Fireworks found in mailbox: At 1:54 p.m. July 18 in the 500 block of SW 304th Street, the reporting party informed police that unknown suspects had placed a number of sparklers in his mailbox and lit them. A neighbor also reported that her bushes had caught on fire, when it appeared the same prank was attempted.
• Youngster caught in stolen car: At 3:15 p.m. July 18 in an unknown block of 21st Avenue SW, police observed a reckless driver. When the vehicle was stopped, it was discovered the driver was a 15-year-old male, and that the car had been reported as stolen out of Seattle.
• Bad HR decisions: At 10:16 a.m. July 17 in the 1800 block of South 336th Street, the owner of a hotel reported that he suspected the manager of stealing $1,200 from the business. According to the report, the new manager had been hired after the previous manager was also caught stealing funds from the business.
• 6-year-old falls from window: At 6:04 p.m. July 17 in the 900 block of SW Campus Drive, a 6-year-old autistic boy and a 2-year-old were playing. At some point during their play, the 6-year-old fell through an open second-story window. The report notes the boy suffered minor injuries and was treated at a local hospital.
• Doggy door burglar: At 7:07 p.m. July 17 in the 28000 block of 29th Avenue South, an unknown suspect entered a home and stole a .45 pistol, a watch valued at $500, a camera valued at $300, and other items. According to the report, it's believed the suspect gained entry into the house through a doggy door.
• Unsuccessful booze heist: At 10:30 p.m. July 17 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, unknown suspects attempted to steal a bottle of vodka from a store by concealing it in a backpack. According to the report, the suspects were confronted, at which time they ditched the backpack and fled the area. The report notes that marijuana was also discovered inside the backpack.
• Child porn: At 1:25 a.m. July 16 in the 31000 block of 28th Avenue South, witnesses reported that the suspect was in possession of child pornography. The suspect was arrested.