- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Naked toddler found near motel | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Naked toddler found: At 4:23 a.m. July 8 in the 33000 block of Pacific Highway South, police responded to a call that a child was found. According to the report, the responding officer found a 2-year-old boy wandering around without clothes or a diaper. The officer located the child's parents in a nearby motel, and returned the boy to his parents.
• Man finds out he's an ex, two months late: At 12:19 a.m. July 8 in the 37000 block of 18th Avenue South, a man tried to enter a residence in which he lived with a woman. According to the report, the two were in a relationship. The woman claimed they had broken up two months ago, while the man stated he was unaware they had ever broken up. The man turned over his keys to the residence and left without incident.
• The things people steal: At 2:43 p.m. July 8 in the 32000 block of Pacific Highway South, an unknown suspect entered an auto parts store and stole an air filter. The report notes that the suspect fled in a black Toyota Celica. Video surveillance was available and turned over to police for review.
• Boyfriend gets assaulted by girlfriend's mother: At 8:42 p.m. July 8 in the 35000 block of 25th Avenue SW, police responded to a 911 hangup call. Upon arrival, they discovered a domestic dispute in progress. According to the report, a man and his girlfriend's mother were arguing. At some point, the girlfriend's mother assaulted the man, leaving visible injuries to his arm and neck. The woman was arrested and booked into SCORE jail.
• Waste of beer: At 2 a.m. July 7 in the 30000 block of 14th Avenue South, police responded to a domestic disturbance call. According to the report, a man and a woman in a dating relationship were in a heated argument. At some point during the course of the argument, the man threw a beer at the woman.
• Possible heroin overdose: At 12:36 a.m. July 7 in the 100 block of South 340th Street, police and fire/rescue responded to a CPR in progress. According to the report, the victim had possibly overdosed on heroin, due to the fact that a syringe and burnt spoon were found in close proximity to him. The report notes the man was found by a neighbor, and that he was transported and treated at Harborview Medical Center.
• Sugar in the gas tank?: At 4:22 p.m. July 7 in the 100 block of SW 304th Street, the victim reported seeing a vehicle drive off from her residence. Afterwards, the victim noticed the gas tank on her car was open, and that her car wouldn't start. The victim believed her stepdaughter might be responsible, although she had no evidence to back her claim.
• Bras get woman in trouble: At 10:12 p.m. July 7 in the 2200 block of South Commons, a woman was arrested for attempting to return two new bras using an old receipt.
• Random act of vandalism: At 2:53 a.m. July 6 in the 1300 block of SW Campus Drive, an unknown suspect discharged approximately 25-30 fire extinguishers in a townhouse complex.
• More Craigslist trouble: At 10:10 a.m. June 18 in the 33000 block of 17th Lane South, a 61-year-old developmentally disabled man was scammed by an unknown suspect through Craigslist. According to the report, the victim attempted to sell a wooden lamp post on Craigslist. He received an offer of $1289.64 for it, and accepted. The "buyer" sent the victim a check for that amount, with instructions to return some portion of the money. Instead, the victim deposited the check into his account and spent the money. It was discovered, after the victim did this, that the check was fraudulent. The report notes the victim's family is paying the money back to the bank.