- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Man beats rival with baseball bat | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Angry ex beats up new boyfriend: At 4:54 a.m. July 1 in the 30000 block of 20th Avenue South, a suspect drove to his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend's house. According to the report, he was able to draw the new boyfriend out of his house, at which point they fought. The new boyfriend attempted to re-enter his house, but was stopped by the suspect and beat about the head with a baseball bat.
• Drunken party fight: At 4:15 a.m. July 1 in the 3900 block of South 337th Street, police responded to reports of a loud party. It was believed a fight of some sort had taken place. Police interviewed three witnesses, all described as "extremely intoxicated." The witnesses told police that the fight had occurred between some people all unknown to the witnesses.
• Sporting goods stolen: At 7:58 a.m. July 1 in the 35000 block of 16th Avenue South, the victim's garage/storage shed was broken into. Electronics and approximately $400 worth of sporting goods were stolen.
• Busted window for nothing: At 9:36 a.m. July 1 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, the victim reported their vehicle had been broken into. According to the report, the driver's side window was smashed out in order to access a handbag that was in the vehicle. The handbag's contents were dumped out, but it appears nothing was taken.
• Angry wife arrested: At 3:05 p.m. July 1 in the 37000 block of 1st Avenue SW, a husband was assaulted by his wife. According to the report, the wife caused pain and left signs of visible injury on the husband. The wife was arrested and booked into the SCORE jail.
• Deceased person: At 7:38 p.m. July 1 in the 600 block of SW Campus Drive, a deceased person was found in Panther Lake. The King County Medical Examiner assisted with the removal of the body. As of press time, the deceased person, a white male between the ages of 25 and 35, has not been identified. There were no signs of homicidal violence, police report.
• Ex-boyfriend attacked by ex-girlfriend: At 9:01 p.m. July 1 in the 1000 block of SW 308th Street, a woman assaulted her ex-boyfriend during an argument. According to the report, the victim had red marks on his arm, and his skin had been broken in some spots.
• Painful gun cleaning: At 10:07 p.m. July 1 in the 1900 block of South 308th Street, the victim was cleaning his .380 pistol when it accidentally discharged. The bullet struck the victim in his right hand. The report notes the victim was taken to Harborview and treated for his wound.
• Professional criminal caught: At 9:28 p.m. July 1 in the 1800 block of South 310th Street, the suspect was found to be in possession of a stolen vehicle, stolen license plates, burglary tools and firearm ammunition. The report notes the suspect already had an outstanding felony warrant.
• Attempted break-in leaves homeowner with big bill: At 10:52 a.m. June 30 in the 34000 block of 13th Avenue SW, a homeowner reported that someone had attempted to break into their house. According to the report, there were pry marks around the front door lock and frame, resulting in $500 worth of damages.