Cops arrest 2 hit and run drivers | Federal Way crime blotter
June 5, 2012 · Updated 3:18 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Hit and run driver found at home: At 3:52 a.m. June 3 in the 33000 block of 39th Avenue SW, a hit and run was reported to police. According to the report, police found the suspect vehicle a short distance away, parked in the driveway of a residence. Police found the driver in the residence, intoxicated. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• Another hit and run: At 4:24 a.m. June 3 in the 700 block of SW 356th Street, police responded to the sounds of a collision. According to the report, they found a male walking several blocks away, who admitted to being one of the drivers. The suspect was intoxicated. He was cited for DUI, hit and run, and driving with a suspended license.
• Copper wire theft: At 7:20 a.m. June 3 in the 1000 block of S. 324th Street, city employees contacted police regarding copper wire theft. According to the report, the wires were stripped from the park's field light system, leaving part of that system inoperable. The report notes that video footage was available and was under review.
• Mother and daughters argue: At 9 a.m. June 3 in the 33000 block of Pacific Highway South, it was reported that a mother and her two adult daughters were in an argument. According to the report, the mother believed the daughters had stolen her wallet while she slept. The two daughters countered by saying their mother had come home the night before and went straight to bed, and must have lost the wallet sometime before then.
• Liquor in grocery stores attracts thieves: At 11:19 a.m. June 3 in the 31000 block of 20th Avenue South, four males were arrested for attempting to steal $900 worth of liquor from a grocery store.
• Just don't try and buy or sell on CraigsList: At 4:38 p.m. June 3 in the 32000 block of 47th Avenue SW, a man had attempted to buy an iPhone from another man, but was robbed instead. According to the report, the victim had agreed to buy an iPhone he found on CraigsList for $300. When he met up with the seller and handed over the money, the "seller" ran off.
• Child molested: At 6:36 p.m. June 3 at an unknown address, it was reported that a 5-year-old boy had been sexually molested by one of his mother's friends.
• Loud argument over religion: At 9:58 p.m. June 3 in the 1900 block of SW 311th Street, two women got into a heated argument over religion. According to the report, the two women were in a tenant-landlord relationship. As a result of the argument, the landlord threatened to evict the tenant, while the tenant declared she would move out immediately regardless.
• Drunk juveniles: At 12:14 a.m. June 2 in the 2200 block of SW 331st Street, two juveniles were contacted by police regarding an attempted vehicle prowl in the area. While the juveniles were unrelated to the vehicle prowl, they were both intoxicated. Both were arrested. One was released to his mother, while the other was booked into the SCORE jail because he resisted arrest.