Cop catches couple 'arguing' in backseat | Federal Way crime blotter
May 29, 2012 · 1:41 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Man and woman found in backseat of car: At 1:35 a.m. May 27 in the 1500 block of SW 304th Street, an officer noticed a vehicle parked on the side of the road. When the officer flashed his spotlight on the vehicle, the outline of a man's head could be seen through the back window. Upon approaching, the officer noticed a woman was in the backseat with the man. According to the report, the duo claimed to have been in an argument, and that the officer did not see any visible signs of injury on either.
• Mysterious vehicle fire: At 2:04 a.m. May 27 in the 29000 block of Pacific Highway South, police responded to reports of a vehicle fire. Upon arrival, officers found a vehicle totally engulfed in flames. According to the report, officers took photos of the scene, and had no suspects at this time.
• House burglary nets small but valuable haul: At 4:39 a.m. May 27 in the 32000 block of 46th Place SW, a man reported his house had been burglarized. According to the report, approximately five items had been taken, with an approximate value of $1,500.
• Strange man in parking lot: At 11:31 a.m. May 27 in the 34000 block of 16th Avenue South, a suspicious man was reported sitting in a vehicle in a store parking lot. According to the report, upon contact, police found the man asleep in his car with a shotgun in his lap. A further search netted illegal drugs on the man's person. The man was arrested for the drugs and for unlawful possession of a firearm because he is a convicted felon.
• Woman threatened by boyfriend: At 2:55 p.m. May 27 in the 33000 block of 17th Place South, a woman reported that her boyfriend had assaulted her. Along with this, she reported that her boyfriend had held a gun to her head and threatened to kill her. The report notes the boyfriend had left the scene by the time police arrived.
• Criminals of a feather flock together: At 4:43 p.m. May 27 in the 1900 block of South Commons, a woman was arrested for attempting to steal merchandise from Victoria's Secret using a foil-lined bag. According to the report, as part of the investigation, it was discovered that one of the woman's associates was driving a vehicle with a suspended license, and was also in violation of firearms laws for keeping a loaded handgun unsecured in the vehicle.
• Shooting incident: At 7:38 p.m. May 27 in the 1600 block of South 348th Street, two men were in an altercation. As a result of the altercation, one of the men pulled out a semi-automatic handgun and shot the other.
• Woman tries to be nice, gets iPhone stolen: At 5:12 p.m. May 27 in the 2000 block of South Commons, a woman was sitting in front of the mall when a teenage girl approached her and asked to use her iPhone. The woman handed over the phone, at which point the girl took off running and promptly left the scene in a waiting vehicle.
• Grocery thief gets away: At 9:59 p.m. May 27 in the 2100 block of SW 336th Street, a woman exited a grocery store with a cart full of goods she had not paid for. According to the report, loss prevention officers were unable to apprehend her, and the police were unsuccessful as well.
• Drunken push sends man to the hospital: At 12:42 a.m. May 26 in the 500 block of SW 328th Court, two men were drinking alcoholic beverages. According to the report, at one point, one man pushed the other into a window, resulting in injuries that needed medical treatment for the man who was pushed. The victim indicated he didn't feel anything malicious was meant by the push and did not press charges.